Looking for help picking a monitor

narsbars

2[H]4U
I have several conditions I need to meet. 32inch absolutely the minimum due to eyesight and would prefer a 39 to 43 inch. It is my feeling that since my $350.00 budget limit won't get squat for a real gaming monitor I will just buy the least bad 4K tv I can find.
I have been using an old Seki 39 inch that is several years old, max frame rate 24fps but it is actually a nice picture. I don't play any twitch freak games so it works fine with Assassins Creed games so far if I set it at 2K res max.
Running it on a 1070TI, 3800X, 570 MB.
So other than the usual "Spend a lot of money" advice, does anyone have any suggestions to get to the largest screen possible and stay at $350.00?

Lofty goals sir.
I haven't tried in a while but in the past using tvs as monitors drove me nuts.
I guess 4k might improve on this a little.
You'll likely be limited by HDMI bandwidth to low fps still.

24fps? yikes......this is actually pretty close to your price target. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...onitor-dark-gray-blue/6293716.p?skuId=6293716 (im needing a new display myself so i have been looking)
6293716_sd.jpg

32" actual monitor and just sitting closer would likely give the best result. I don't have your eyes though.

The other question would be what are you primarily getting the new monitor for to do? You going to use it primarily for gaming or doing regular computer stuff with a little gaming on the side?
I wear my computer glasses now as the eye sight isn't what it used to be! that may end up being the better choice. But once again depends on the person.

The other question would be what are you primarily getting the new monitor for to do? You going to use it primarily for gaming or doing regular computer stuff with a little gaming on the side?
I wear my computer glasses now as the eye sight isn't what it used to be! that may end up being the better choice. But once again depends on the person.
Minor 2D production work but really intended for single player games.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Really looking at the Samsung. As soon as the 3000s come out and the used 1080 TI prices drop I will grab one. What kind of limitations do you see? How badly will using HDMI affect the fps?
should be fine. one of the reviewers said hes using it on pc for 4k60.

Back