Looking for Graphic Artist

belmicah

Gawd
I am looking for a graphic artist for a book cover design. It's not going to be anything extremely difficult, and I know exactly what I want, but just don't know how the hell to make it.
To give you an idea of what I want....Imagine the All Seeing Eye, with a child's eye in the center in color (maybe do strange color scheme like psychedelic or something). I will have text around this image in a distinct typeface.

Anyone interested in trying to help me with this simple project would be greatly appreciated.

Generally it would be a good idea to offer some sort of compensation for this sort of work.

I am not looking for a handout if that's what you are implying

No not at all. You might want to be up front about what you're offering though so people can get an idea of what they're in for. Just my 2 cents.

Since I have never done this, I don't really know where to start. I am not asking for someone to spend months and months on it, but just to come up with a decent image in a few weeks. I will probably offer a couple thou, and a slice when book goes on sale.

Someone posting an art request at this forum, and who's actually willing to spend more than $10? I'm impressed!

I'll come up with something if I can. when you say:
Imagine the All Seeing Eye, with a child's eye in the center in color (maybe do strange color scheme like psychedelic or something)
do you mean that color scheme in the eye? or in the bacground?

I'll come up with something if I can. when you say:

do you mean that color scheme in the eye? or in the background?
I am thinking about putting the triangle around a child's eye, but changing the natural colors of the eye and face. I think a bright electric blue for the eye with a reflection on it that is visible if you look closely. Kinda like M.C.Escher's eye with the skull in it.

still interested in doing this (as long as your good for the $ end ;) )

Q about the reflection thing: Would you want a skull like his, or something else? anything specific?

Q about printing: any limit on the amount of colors? Printing can get expensive if doing a full color photograph x 1000... copies. judging by the "psychedelic" color scheme, it seems like there is no real limit on colors.

Also, it would be helpful to have the title, author's name, along with any other text you would have on the front... (quote (short preferably) from reviews or from the book itself maybe?) PM me the info if you don't want it out in the open

oh yea, one thing I forgot:
how big will this book cover be? it's REALLY helpful when designing to have the dimensions..duh, stupid me, forgot to ask...

I am writing the book. I will probably take about 6-8 more months to write it, but I am just phishing for options right now, for when I do decide to go to print.

To previous poster, I don't think a skull is what I want, but another evil/Satanic image. Let me get back to you on this.

Thanks guys for the interest in this project. Let me get the details ironed out, and I will let you guys know exactly what I want. I just wanted to make sure that people would be interested, and it shows that you guys are, so thanks.

Oh, for anyone curious, it will be called Innocent Eyes.

Back