Looking for Good Video Conversion Software

so I have a bunch of Movies that are in RMVB format, and i would like to be able to watch them through my Xbox360, and Xbox doesn't support that format. So I need to find something that will cover them to AVI and/or MPEG-4. The files I have are from a TV series, so there's a lot of files, 153 of them to be exact...so what could you guys recommend that would do what I need efficiently ?

thanks in advance for any helpful replies:D

Not much will read RMVB. I think your only option is install the Real software or Real Alternative then go from there. I don't think you'll have an easy time finding an all-in-one tool that does all that you want. If you're adept with the command line, you could download an ffmpeg binary and give that a shot, but no guarantees that it'll be able to read the RMVB container. If it can, grab a copy of x264 and you should be good to go.

Also, you don't convert things to AVI as that's a container - you remux them. Also, when you say MPEG-4, I assume you mean AVC/H.264 and not the crappy MPEG-4 (A)SP. While you can convert to H.264, you're mixing up your terms. Using your case as an example, conversion is from one format (RM) to another (H.264), remuxing is from one container (RMVB) to another (AVI).

all i want to kno is what I have to do, to encode (or whatever its called) my RVMB files into whatever format works on Xbox360. I just want to watch the TV show i have in RVMB Format, on my xbox360. i dont kno alot about video editing, I only kno audio editing/engineering, so sorry if this sounds all newb status, but i'm lost on trying to figure this out. please help : ) !

Back