Looking for Games for a Non-Gamer

Adam

[H]ard|Gawd
So im not much of a gamer these days but have this nice fast rig i just built... can anybody recommend some games to me... here are some i liked:

Counter-Strike
TF2

Now those were two of my favorite, but im not much looking for the whole first person shooter, kinda tired of them

Games i REALLY enjoyed (single player) were COD2 as this was really fun, i got to try different scenarios and it almost seemed co-op with the AI. I liked sniping and doing different things at each level.

Another game im playing now im enjoying is Split Second, its a neat arcade style racing game thats different and easy to play.

Im kinda into games where i hafta figure things out. Kinda like the old "Incredible Machine" game where you had to build things to make something else happen. I love games with good 5.1 audio and graphics as im pumping this through my 5.1 system.

I tried BF2 bad company but didnt like it, typical 1st person shooter that ive played too many times before. COD2 seemed better to me.

Any recomendations, i only play a little here and there when im bored.

sounds like you need to try Portal...its on steam.

also have a look at Braid on Steam as well.

I really enjoyed portal when i played it, but already played/beat it :)

I'll check out Braid

I just looked at a review for the latest splinter cell, this seems like the type of game i'll like so im gonna try that also

EDIT: Just looked at a trailer for BRAID, seems like a neat little game i might enjoy thanks for the recomendation

Im kinda into games where i hafta figure things out. Kinda like the old "Incredible Machine" game where you had to build things to make something else happen.

I'd recommend Machinarium, its pretty fun in this sense. but its kinda short. also look into Myst, or any of its sequals. really tough thinking/puzzle games.

Another game im playing now im enjoying is Split Second, its a neat arcade style racing game thats different and easy to play.

forgot this one... try burnout paradise, or dirt both are on steam I believe

Im kinda into games where i hafta figure things out.

NASCAR. This coming from a racing fan for over a quarter century.

I've never figured out why someone would want to go around in circles over and over and over and over... Most participants and fans are Republicans, yet they seem to not know how to turn right!?

FWIW - I think a lot of Flash games would fit your liking. Check out bored.com sometime!

forgot this one... try burnout paradise, or dirt both are on steam I believe

If he wants to try a racing game where you have to figure out a puzzle, check out Trackmania United Forever. (Actually Trackmania Nations may still be free...)

The quickest way 'round the track isn't always so simple to figure out... Definitely not a straight racer...

I lost quite a few hours to that game... I think it actually caused me to be late to work a time or two...

Back