Looking for FREE decent Antivirus and Spyware removal tools

Tengis

Supreme [H]ardness
Thats right... I run a computer repair business and find it increasingly hard to find something thats halfway decent. I usually tell people to use TrendMicro free houscall antivirus, but it sucks more eggs than a 2 dollar hooker.

Spyware removal is a sensitive subject... Im just looking for somthing that ACTUALLY removes the spyware, and works good. Adaware doesnt remove half of the stuff it finds, and the only other that I know of (that is decent) is spybot.

PM me if you know of a good program for either/or... or even BOTH! That would be even better if I had one program to install for both.

Spybot, AdAware, Hijack This. What they won't get can be removed with the use of Faber Toys, jv16 PowerTools (no longer free), regedit and the also not free, but demo tds3. I have never seen anything that I couldn't get off a computer with these utilities...and people have brought me some real crap to fix.

Alright... of course, manually going in is ALWAYS an option... but sometimes it just isnt worth it. I hate guaranteeing an hours worth of work, then spending 3 hours removing so much spyware that it makes baby jesus cry... the only getting paid for that guaranteed hour because I dont want to demand more and be an asshole.

Also, what do you look for when going in through regedit? Does spyware usually hide in specific places? I always figured it was random. I could always go in and manually remove the stuff that adaware and the like cant though, I just cant seek it through regedit.

I've recently quit getting crap off for people, but I really didn't care if my charge was more than the cost of their Dell. I didn't let the crap find its way on there, right? Also, if you are going to charge, some requirements should be met by the customer if a warranty is given. I made no promises if the customer used certain programs or services, or insited on certain configurations. mIRC, Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, Web Shots, any P2P, AOL, lack of antivirus and firewall, etc., etc. = Zero warranty by me.

Faber Toys will help you find which keys to delete.

Back