Looking for different android phone, android 6.01 only.

SultanGris

Limp Gawd
Currently had a samsung galaxy note 4, love it, but dropped and broke something inside, screen is mostly black with funny colors on the top and partway down the side. Gonna cost 200 bucks to fix they said, or i can buy a refurb one from walmart dot com for 180, lol. Currently using a note 3 backup. Not sure if i want a note 4 or something newer. gotta stay android 6.01 cause i need the foxfi app to work. Also must have a micro sd card slot. Love the ir blaster on the note 4 but no one makes those anymore. Wouldnt mind a little faster processor with more ram but im not gonna sacrifice microsd card or android version to do it. Any ideas for other brands of phones what would suit my needs? cell phone stores are zero help, everythings too new and the employees dont know shit about hardware or older phones. Thanks.

I picked a new old stock note4 on ebay for $150. Looked mint. I actually downgraded from my S6 Edge+ so I could get the microsd and removable battery support. If you get another.. there is a rugged Note4 battery sleeve available that includes a 10k mah battery.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
ooh, that looks tits! I might end up doing that, the reason i kept the note 4 so long is cause the note 5 and s6 got rid of the removable battery and microsd card, bad move, no one wants those, except clueless apple users, lol! I was kinda looking for something maybe a little newer and faster with more ram cause i use it to fly a drone and they keep updating the app and it doesnt run well on my 4 year old phone, so im about 2 years behind on updates, which isnt bad, cause its dji and the updates suck anyway, they mostly just add more restrictions. But other than that i think the note 4 is still an excellent phone, i have no other issues with it other than it forgets my pattern and pin unlock every 23 days or so if i dont power it off ever and i gotta pull battery and it remembers when i restart. no clue what causes that.

Back