Looking for coop games recommendations

agent420

[H]ard|Gawd
)I thought I saw a thread about this not too long ago, but search is fubared and I didn't see any relative threads a few pages deep...

Anyway, my wife would like to play some lan games over our home network. She doesn't have a lot of gaming experience, so I'm looking for some coop games, as it wouldn't be fair if we just jumped into a deathmatch and I fragged the sh!t out of her (though I might find some stress relief in that :D). Right now we're playing Serious Sam 1 in tourist mode just to get her initiated to the controls and weapon strategy, and it's actually quite fun.

Any other decent coop games you guys can recommend? They don't have to be FPS.

TIA

Rune (viking/norse action game, had a patch for co op play)

Die by the sword had MP, i'm not sure if it was co op or not, i think there was a add on to it that had co op.

Ghost Recon

System Shock 2 had some kick-ass coop, since you could occupy completely different roles. Umm, I had some fun times with Baldur's Gate over LAN, if you're into that kind of thing. Me and a few buddies used to play Diablo 2 over LAN all the time back when it came out. And there's alway Sven Co-op for Half-Life.

Forgot about SS2, that should be good.

Hadn't heard of Sven Co-op before, that looks pretty cool. I'd be remiss not to turn the wife on to Half Life.

I'll have to look into the rest, thanks for the replies.

I do alot of this on the home lan with my brothers. I have more than a few to name. We also use teamspeak, makes it alot more fun when you can yell at each other.

Swat 3 - (great coop) Old but fun, not great graphics, but nothing better than serving an arrest warrant and blowing some guy with a gun away! *suspect neutralized*

Battlefield 1942 Eod mod with target practice add on- Lots of fun coop, 2 of us vs a mass of VC is alot of fun, flyin helos while your partner guns.

Vietcong - Good coop fun, semi-cheatin bad guys but fun nonetheless.

Multitheft auto - Grand theft auto multiplayer, pretty buggy but still fun to drive around and smash each other up!

Dungeon siege - repetitive to the bone, but fun if you like that type of game.

True combat & urban terror for Q3 - Decent coop , bots are pretty stupid but it's still fun.

Oldish delta forces - bad graphics, bad ai, but coop was still fun.

Raven Shield - never really got into this because the team ai was so terrible.

Ghost Recon - lasted a little while....

Sven Coop for Half-life - pretty fun, lots of updates since last I played it, sure it's even greater now.

Freelancer - ok multiplayer, you can help each other out dunno if it's really coop.

Freespace 2 & Starlancer - Just bought these two used cause they have coop, older but supposed to be a blast.

Project Eden - Older game with excellent coop, 4 characters to control each of you can switch aroudn at any time, it's got some fps action and some puzzle solving with some pretty neat gadgets and weapons. Very fun coop, make sure to patch it.

System Shock 2 - I have to agree even this day in age the game rules, coop is awesome, I still haven't played anything like it. Someone has made a graphics upgrade also let me see if i can find a link.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/etienne.aubert/sshock/sshock_rebirth.htm

Hope you find something you like, if I recall anymore i'll add to this.

Back