Looking for co-op games that are toddler & distraction friendlly

arnemetis

2[H]4U
Hello all,
My friend and I have gamed together for many years, but we are having issues finding new games to play. His son is now 2 1/2 years old and as he is a stay at home dad, so he is constantly having to spend time with him\s son and watch what he plays. I'm an estimator with a varied schedule so we try to play a lot in the middle of the day while his wife is at work. So the problem is twofold, first it must be fairly acceptable to be perceived by the child, and it needs to be random pause/disconnect friendly.
Games that worked but we've played out:
Minecraft, Divinity:Original Sin, Flatout 2, Sins of a Solar Empire, Portal 2
We like rts, but don't like how a lot of games have gone recently in losing base/army building and focusing so much on rush rush rush (think starcraft vs starcraft 2, dawn of war vs dawn of war II.) Obviously playing vs computer is preferred. Thank you for any suggestions.

Shogun 2 Total War would work. You guys can start up a head-to-head or coop campaign, in both cases you can pause at any time during battles and the campaign map is turn-based. Rome 2 features the same gameplay, but it's not quite as polished. Can't really go wrong with either.

Thanks Spartan, We will check those out. We don't like just rts, it just seems that any fps would be too violent, and we aren't fans of competitive racing type games. Kid needs to hurry up and get a job!

Back