Looking for case dampening material for Lian Li V1200B plusII

Dunan

[H]ard|Gawd
The Lian Li case I got recently is much louder than I had hoped, is there any recommended case dampening material that I could get somewhere?
I saw some differen brands at performance-pc's.com but 2 brands were $10 and one brand (nexus) was $45. Big difference in price :(

Anything good out there?

OK so I take it NO ONE has ever used this stuff, or anything like it, ever. :)

fibrous, thick, but absorbant.

Owens Corning. T5 or 7 class insulation is good. check the net.

pick up some insulation form a hardware store or something. it'll be cheap and do the job.

or by some neoprene/foam sheets from mcmaster.com, but dont waste money on those packaged things, they are essentially the same stuff but you pay for packaging and the companies profit margins.

Dunan, You have the case I'm looking at getting. Could you tell me how high it stands with the wheels on. The hole in my desk is only so tall....19.3" will fit but if the wheels add to that it's a no go....

Thanks...

mjd1964 said:
Dunan, You have the case I'm looking at getting. Could you tell me how high it stands with the wheels on. The hole in my desk is only so tall....19.3" will fit but if the wheels add to that it's a no go....

Thanks...

It's the same size as a standard mid-tower without the wheels. You can take them off also, if its too tall.

I just bought the $10 sound dampening from Perf PCs and its fine. Realistically sound dampening isn't going to make a MAJOR difference unless you use a lot of it. In the V1200 a lot of it is perferated so unless you plan to cover the perferation it isn't going to make a big difference.

it will help a little but where sound dampening really shines you gotta do the whole case.

I just want to do the doors and the top and the perferation between the CPU/PSU....

This is a much louder case than I had hoped, but it has promise to be somewhat quiet. Even if I could quiet it down 50% i'd be happy, but I know I'll never be able to get really quiet, the case is too open.
I would have went for one of the silent cases but I needed a longer PSU space and I hate doors.
Anything is better than nothing as long as it doesnt catch fire :eek:

its not going to make that much of a different to be honest. It will look sweet though ;)

It is possible to silence the case, you just have to go through and quiet down your components. See which fans make the most noise, and such.

As I moved my setup from my P160 to a PC7 I now hear my hard drive spinning up and dampened the hard drive cage. Didn't make much of a difference but like I said before it looks great!

You could look into getting some Dynamat from your local car audio store (probably cheaper than getting it from a computer (r)etailer. Also look on ebay for studio eggcrate foam.

if you are feeling VERY cheap (but still effective), self adhesive vinyl floor tiles from lowes or home depot works well

Asian Dub Foundation said:
if you are feeling VERY cheap (but still effective), self adhesive vinyl floor tiles from lowes or home depot works well
^^ rofl ADF, please if u have done it post it in the g[H]etto mod gallery. PLEASE!

Back