Looking for C&C on my pics

Zallek

Limp Gawd
Heya, I used to play with Photoshop back in the day just doing random things in school and what not.. But recently I've been wanting to try new approaches.

I've taken a few pics of my car just to mess around with, and I've made 2 that I'm willing to show. The first image I like the most, but I honestly cant say it was what I originally was trying to do.

The second image imo sucks. I like the original image, but my post-processing blows.

First
n527767268_357617_2328.jpg

n527767268_357621_3540.jpg

Second
n527767268_357618_2679.jpg

n527767268_357619_2960.jpg

Again, Im pretty much new to processing anything I shoot, and Im looking for some C&C. Thanks!

What you need to ask yourself before you start retouching, is why.

Why are you retouching it?

What do you want ot achieve with the image?

What kind of mood are you trying to convey?

Is it supposed to look like a photo, a graded photo, a retouched photo or a photo-based graphic?

These are questions only you can answer.

I like how the top half of the first picture came out. It reminds me of a movie poster with the extra grain and highlights. As for the highlights on the headlights, they don't do much. Yes, they give a focal point to the image, but to no benefit.

first is ok, second is just... a color change lol.

But I think you should add snow to your first pic... somehow... i dont know how to realistically do it but it looks like your car is frosted over in the first pic (but not in the original, so whatever you did made it look frosted)

Either I got this all wrong..

Or you could just wash your car before taking photos of it? :rolleyes:

Back