looking for budget motherboard/cpu combo, preferably 1155,

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonameo

Gawd
So, the motherboard in my aunt's computer died. I decided it would be better to try and upgrade it than just replace the motherboard, so I'm on the hunt. It looks like I can get something like a celeron G530 and an entry level H61 motherboard for the 100 ish range between sites like newegg and ewiz, so I was hoping I could beat that if I buy used on the forums.

What I have that I can trade: Corsair force 120gb SSD. Sata 3gbps. This is a refurb from RMA and has not been used.

various DDR2 1gb/2gb sticks. I can do 2x2 gb or 2x1gb, or whatever combination you like. I'll need some DDR3 so if you want to trade for something like PC3-1333 then that would be okay.

The alternative is an AM2/AM2+ or 775(c2d) mATX motherboard. If I go that route, I'd like the motherboard to be 30 or less shipped.

Zip is 31721 for shipping.

edit: definition of budget: similar in price to what I was talking about for the newegg combo(around 100 ish) with comparable or better performance, or better in some other way. Or, a lower price for something that's better than what she had(athlon 64 x2), or at least similar performance with much better power consumption and a good upgrade path(the 1155 combo)

Trades make things considerably more flexible, but I don't want to do more than 30 + trade on the SSD.

Last edited:
Everyone's definition of "budget" is different. Please be more specific. :)

I've got two 2600K systems - boards, CPUs, video cards, DDR3, heatsinks, which will be posted here for sale within the hour. If interested, contact me by PM before (or after) I post.I also have PSUs, and maybe a hard drive if you need them.

Heatware 251/1/1

I have an intel Celeron G530 I am trying to sell. 35 Shipped and it is yours. Add 5 bucks and I can include 2g of Corsair DDR3 1333Mhz memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back