Looking for best Music PCI express soundcard for under 100

thomasward00

Limp Gawd
I've just built a new system with a micro atx mobo, I've had creative cards for years the most current is in my old system which is an X-FI extreme music, the problem is that with this new micro mb and my videocard the PCI slot blocks my video card from getting air, but I have one available pci express slot above the video card that I can use. My game performance is fine, as long as the card doesn't cut my game performance i'm fine. I want the best for music listening, either with speakers or my Senn 580's, I'd like to keep the cost down to under 100. Normally I would have done the research myself but with moving to Vista 64 i'm hearing about some incompatability issues from various cards.

Thanks in advance.

Guess I'll wait unti HT-Omega or M-Audio come out with a PCI Express card, it also seems as though most makers are having trouble with Vista 64 drivers. Guess i'll wait a bit..

You would be surprised how well the Xonar series does music. They are based on the Oxygen chip and do a really good job with it. I have not been disappointed with my Xonar at all.

Also, the Xonar software is some of the best I have ever worked with. Not only does it allow for tons of tweaks and features, it just plain works. The Virtual Surround Setup really does open up the soundcard and let you get into the games a lot better.

Back