Looking for an electromagnetism simulator

michalrz

Supreme [H]ardness
Hello!

Does anyone know about a good (preferably free) program to simulate electromagnets?
The closest I've found is quickfield, but it has a very limited mesh size in the free/student tier.
This would be for designing and simulating solenoids and halbach arrays.

Free software? Impossible
You can try Ansys and even MagNet, they have student versions

Free software? Impossible
You can try Ansys and even MagNet, they have student versions

You journeyed all the way from Gaymen just to say that :cry:

You the man Leslie.

Ansys looks interesting. I forgot I wasn't a student anymore but hey I can shave.

You journeyed all the way from Gaymen just to say that :cry:

You the man Leslie.

Ansys looks interesting. I forgot I wasn't a student anymore but hey I can shave.

Sometimes I feel courageous enough to venture outside GenMay :giggle:

Sometimes I feel courageous enough to venture outside GenMay :giggle:

Well, contacted an Ansys reseller in my country about their stuff. Maybe I'll get a reply.

Anyone good enough with coils to look at 2 quite simple ideas? Wouldn't take a lot of time.

W00t, the reseller wrote me back, said the 3D mesh they offer should cover my ideas just fine. Sent me the download link and I'm not installing it (4 gigs!).
Fun will ensue.

W00t, the reseller wrote me back, said the 3D mesh they offer should cover my ideas just fine. Sent me the download link and I'm not installing it (4 gigs!).
Fun will ensue.

Try using a sandbox program like Sandboxie, that will help you reinstall it, some month later, if you need it.

Try using a sandbox program like Sandboxie, that will help you reinstall it, some month later, if you need it.

The man said the mesh node limit is per project and there's no time constraints.
Your idea is a good idea, but apparently they are fine with people making small projects, as long as they are for individual research and not commercial ones.
The software is in English, so if you need it, I can share. Lemme know.
And thanks again for the guidance! You the man! etc.

How dare you assume my gender!!!! :mad:

"you the man" is a gender neutral method of praising one's worth as a helpful, dependable human being!

man_to_head_finger.jpg

That thing likes RAM. Choking on 8 Gigs. My junk is apparently too large.

Back