Looking for an easy to use video editor

Meeho

Supreme [H]ardness
Need a recommendation for a video editor that's intuitive and not overwhelming for novice users, but still has all the basic functions. Something like the old Movie Maker but a bit more powerful. Free is prefered.

I'm personally using Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effect. Both are great software for Video Editing and also easy to use.

You can try OpenShot, It's free and I think about on par with the old movie maker. Maybe not as many effects, but I've used it for a while and like it.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
For novice users I recommend Adobe Premiere Elements. It's like most of the easy versions you see but with better features and encode settings that are useful and not some crap that doesn't let you change much and produces bad videos. For Novice don't even look at Premiere Pro.

I have tried VSDC some time ago and it worked pretty well. Quick learning curve, I did an easy conversion without looking at any instructions.

I have read that Lightwave is comparable to full deployment professional software as it was actually for purchase software that is now offered for free. Higher learning curve but since its mostly free and pro power, check it out to see if you want to spend some time getting used to it.

Another recommended pro free package is Hitman express. As above, its powerfull and free with the exception that you can "buy up" if you need additional features.

Davinci resolve also supposedly started out as pro software now offered for free.....higher learning curve.

.........enough choices to keep you bizzy me tinks :cool:

Reactions: Meeho
like this
Back