Looking for alternatives to Steam esp. when there is no sale or for boxed copies

reg411

Weaksauce
I've started to use Steam lately and it is pretty awesome when there is a huge sale going on, you save a lot of dough and don't have to worry about shipping or scratched discs etc.,.

Anyway, I was wondering what you guys use as alternatives like now when there isn't really a big sale going on and/or if you're the type of person who likes to get a boxed copy once in a while. Some I can think of off the top of my head:

* ebay
* newegg
* amazon
* froogle? lol
* fs/ft forum?
* piratebay/torrent ;) :eek:

Games I'm looking for next are red dead redemption, mass effect 1 & 2 (prefer boxed), fear 2 and metro 2033 (prefer boxed).

Keep your eyes peeled on Slickdeals and the hotdeals forum here as well... there's often sales for things through EA Download Manager or keys for sale that are from real places that can be activated on Steam or EADM. :) Other than that, watch for Steam sales... you'll find some great deals over time.

The key from dj_2004's linked deal *DOES* activate through Steam and ties it to your account, I got in on it myself :D. Red Dead Redemption isn't on PC yet.

Thanks everyone. The collector in me would have preferred the boxed copies, but those prices are pretty sick, I think I can convince myself otherwise :)

If I dont buy from Steam, Amazon is my preferred alternative.

Yeah, I think these forums don't like those kinds of places being linked though, so I passed on mentioning it :).

The fun, where is it? :eek:

I think the rule is no "Hotdeal" posts for g2play but I havent been warned anytime recently.

G2play is legit sauce but buy only uncut and American keys if possible. I've not tested foreign keys and cut keys.

Back