Looking for a TV Tuner/Recorder [TV/VHS] Card

DeViLdUdE

Gawd
Like the title said I am looking for one and hella confused when I looked for a good one.. They seem good then reviews makes me unsure of it(based on newegg reviews which I know that not so reliable)... The cards am eyein on is the PVR 500MCE 350MCE 401 or 250MCE
Avermedia MTVHD18(I somehow prefer cards wit HDTV) or the WinFast TV Expert from Fry's... Im gonna be doin some VHS to PC then DVD recording.. Tried it on my current rig before(wit WinFast PVR 2000 not expert I think) but the audio went un-sync after a few mins... I'm open to new Ideas such as doing two cards in one PC(didnt know you can do that)... and remote and software to partner it with if you dont mind recommending
The card(s) will go to a AMD 4200+ X2, ABIT AN8 32, eVGA 7600GT or P4 1.6, Gigabyte 1000MK and ATI 9700pro(or the GS ones by nvidia)
I appreciate all the inputs :)

Best quality cards (especially for AV in stuff like you want): Cards based on ATI's 550 Pro chip, the MSI and Sapphire cards are the cheapest on Newegg I believe.

Runner up: PVR 150. http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_info.php/pName/hauppauge-wintvpvr150mce/cName/pvr-cardstv-tuners

Whether or not it's an HD tuner doesn't matter for your intended purpose, it's not like it's going to do anything special to the video you're inputing into it and even then most HD tuner don't even have analog in on them anyways.

for your specific function, the plextor convertex series has some good products. Only a few of them tune TV though, so if you are wanting to use tha t feature, go with one of the cards suggested previously.

Thanks for the inputs ppl.. Well I think the nVidia dual one is the best(??) should I go with the one with remote? 50 for the remote is a little high if its a really good remote then no problem buying it...

CrimandEvil wrote: Whether or not it's an HD tuner doesn't matter for your intended purpose, it's not like it's going to do anything special to the video you're inputing into it and even then most HD tuner don't even have analog in on them anyway

Well I'm planning on using it as a TV recorder too and everyday TV(thats why I kind of like the idea of having HDTV on it but if not mistaken I've read it somewhere thats it doesnt produce real real hdtv... the cards available today) .. those VHS to DVD are just one time and maybe in the future if my dad wants to convert some of his VHS to DVD..
and any tv cards are compatible with anything right? well hardware wise... but just a little worried bout the OS compatibility .. but that one is easy to find out .. just not sure bout hardware wise...
Thanks Again!

Back