looking for a TV card, totaly new here...

Lone_Bullet.be

Limp Gawd
Hi there.

I'm currently building a HTPC with these components:
Intel E8400 cpu
2Gb ram PC2 6400
GF 9600GT ( there will be console-like gaming with Xbox 360 controller for family :) ) Hopefully A silent version with HDMI.
Auzentech Prelude / X-Tention HDMI 1.3
Geforce 8200 µATX motherboard.
2x 500 GB Samsung spinpoints.
Probably a LG Blueray writer -HD DVD reader

Now that makes 3 out of 4 slots filled.
the prelude is PCI, the x-tention makes no difference ( theres a PCI-e 1x shaped support, no electrical connection between the card and motherboard. ) and the GPU is obviously a PCI-e 16x.

Now I do wonder what caputure card i would look after .. I mean I know nothing about them.
My output would be an LG 24"PC-monitor with HDMI and componend connection. ( Full HD, and i'd like to use it :D )
Untill i can get it down downstaris where a sony bravia 37" stands waiting.

I'd like my card PCI-e 1X but it seems they're not very common at all and they don't do Digital TV over cable AND analog over cable on the same card.
If I had to choose PCI could anyone recommend a brand? I live in europe, belgium...a PAL using country. I do have Digital TV ( Telenet ) but also use Analog but thats not necessary

thanks!.

I don't know how many European's hang out in this HTPC section, so you might not get a whole lot of help on HD digital PAL tuner front. I think over there you guys use the DVB-S transmission technology.. but I don't know if that applies to cable, or just satellite. Many of the Europeans I know use SkyHD with a DVB-S2 tuner.

Ya OP, you may want to checkout w1retap's suggestions.

Do a search for SkyHD and DVB-S2 and you'll get millions of hits, not to mention a ton of free satellite programming from what i understand.

You may also want to hunt for some forums that are closer to home, they'll have more info relevant to those that live in your area.

good luck

mmm ok :).
Problem is here I have all the Pc enthusiaststogether ^^.
On a Belgian forum?.. ell I might het 1 or perhaps 2... -_-

Anyway i'll look into your suggestions with a SkyHD box and a DVB-S2 card.

btw rickyman? not in Belgium they're not :).
And if they would, they'd probably be AMD... no?

Back