Looking for a tablet.

DisrupTer911

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey all, :)

I'm looking to get a tablet, and i'm having a bit of trouble finding one.

Gona be used in photoshop primarially.

I'd like one between $100-150, I've looked at the Wacoms and they are just too expensive over $200 for a decent sized one.

Is a 4x5 really useful or will I be running into problems using something that small?

I looked at newegg and I saw Wacom and Genius and all the Genius ones got horrible reviews.

So guys, what should I look for?

I used a 4 x 5 a long time ago, it was alright, but after moving to a 6 x 8 I'll never go back.

Wacom's are expensive, but well worth it in my opinion. I had one of my pens break for my graphire 3 6x8 tablet, and they sent me a new one. This was after having the tablet for a year even.

xerus` said:
Wacom's are expensive, but well worth it in my opinion.
Agreed. IMO it is worth saving up to get the 6x8. If you get a 4x5 you'll end up wishing you'd gotten a larger one. This isn't something that's going to be obsolete in six months, it's a tool you'll end up using (a lot!) for years. Once you get used to using a tablet, you'll wonder how you ever lived without one. :)

Kind of late, but I'm going to third that. If you're going the distance, wacom is the one to get. I had an old wacom artz2, it connected to the computer's serial port, that's how old it is. I lent it to a friend, and it's still going strong. I'd say it's about 5+ years old.

The $99 4x5 wacom graphire is fine for starting out with, I wouldn't go for something like an intuos 3 until you're absolutely sure.

Back