Looking for a specific type of plugin for a Wordpress setup

Mekanic01

Gawd
First, I'm not coding friendly. I have dabbled a bit, but not nearly enough to write what I want.

I host a dirt racing news/media website, www.widirtracin.com

I want to add a driver database in which the drivers can come and add/edit their own information, like this: www.luxemburgspeedway.com/drivers/

I have seen some plugins that are built for sports, but don't have the configuration for racing. Something basic would work, where I can let the driver input name, car type, car number, hometown, hometrack, and a bio. Maybe also add an area where they can list their sponsors.

It doesn't have to be a free plugin, but I don't want a subscription based setup like a believe the one linked above is.

Thanks
Bill

Why would you want a plugin? A basic log in page would do, a basic form to add/edit info (only visible for those logged in), and a db table to hold the info added/edited. Maybe a 'view' page for folks to see the data but not edit. Fairly benign stuff, but parts are custom enough to almost guarantee there's no wordpress plugin for it. Well.. the login page sure is a given with wordpress, but the edit/add/view pages and table not so much.

@Mekanic01 A little off topic, but if you care anything about your wordpress site, do yourself a favor and install the free Wordfence plugin. It secures wordpress and guards against malicious php injects, cross site scripting, hack attempts, etc. You can even sit there and watch the live firewall feed as people attack your site. :)

@Mekanic01 A little off topic, but if you care anything about your wordpress site, do yourself a favor and install the free Wordfence plugin. It secures wordpress and guards against malicious php injects, cross site scripting, hack attempts, etc. You can even sit there and watch the live firewall feed as people attack your site. :)
Done! And thank you.

Why would you want a plugin? A basic log in page would do, a basic form to add/edit info (only visible for those logged in), and a db table to hold the info added/edited. Maybe a 'view' page for folks to see the data but not edit. Fairly benign stuff, but parts are custom enough to almost guarantee there's no wordpress plugin for it. Well.. the login page sure is a given with wordpress, but the edit/add/view pages and table not so much.
I ended up using CFormsII and creating a submission form the way I wanted it. In the end it was much easier than the other options I had found.

I'm glad that you've solved your problem as I couln't help you, unfortunatelly. But I want to say that if you don't have any coding knowledge (like me), it is easier to use the ready-made templates for your website creation. I tried Wordpress, but it turned out to be very difficult for me, so I gave it up. Now I'm building my site with Joomla, and it doesn't require special skills. Also it is mobile friendly and the design is great. Maybe you can try it in future. If you have coped with Wordpress, it certainly won't be diificult for you to use the professionally coded templates ;).

I have been using Wordpress now for six years. I'm gotten rather used to it. I can usually find plugins that serve my purpose. Thanks for the info though.

Back