Looking for a service manual / schematic for a APC BX1500G UPS

ir0nw0lf

Supreme [H]ardness
One of our 4'ish year old Back-UPS XS 1500 units croaked, replacement batteries are <1 month old. One of the guys here opened it up and thinks some caps on the control board are bulging. We have tried for hours to find a service manual (NOT the user manual) and/or schematic for this damn thing. Anyone know of a place to find one? I know it's a UPS that is a few years old but damn LOL.

Thanks in advance!

Manufacturers providing schematics and technical reference/maintenance manuals are mostly a thing of the past, unfortunately.
You could try emailing APC (Schneider Electric) but they may not want to give the schematic out for IP reasons.

One of our 4'ish year old Back-UPS XS 1500 units croaked, replacement batteries are <1 month old. One of the guys here opened it up and thinks some caps on the control board are bulging. We have tried for hours to find a service manual (NOT the user manual) and/or schematic for this damn thing. Anyone know of a place to find one? I know it's a UPS that is a few years old but damn LOL.

Thanks in advance!

Schneider doesn't distribute schematics to the public according to this faq page. There is a link to customer service on the same page that might be of help in contacting them.

https://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/inde...8607&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US#__highlight

Thanks in advance!

Consider picking one up off of Offerup. I just saw one locally for like $50. You can take it apart, compare and repair. And then you have a spare one....

Thanks for the info everyone. I told the guy to poke around on CL and what not around here to see if anyone has something he could use.

Back