Looking for a router/access point for a small company

firas

2[H]4U
the company I work for moved to a new location, the attached sketch is not the final one but its close enough

we have a 200mb fiber, the router is the red point, its in a closed storage room
there is a cat6 cable that goes from the router then comes our from the ceiling around the blue point

we have no idea what to buy, we were about to buy the TP-Link AC2600 Extender then I found that extenders only accepts wireless signal not wired.
now some technician recommended TP-Link Archer AX50 WiFi 6 AX3000

but I'm afraid its not designed to be installed on the ceiling, so maybe we'll lose some range, plus the ceiling is white so I think it'll look like a big ugly spider their!

are those (more expensive) access points better?
Cisco Aironet 1815i Dual-Band Access Point
TP-Link EAP330 AC1900 Ceiling Mount Access Point
or this "white" router? TP-Link Archer VR900 AC1900 Wireless VDSL Router

I'm in Jordan so not all options are available but there are many local stores like the one in the links so i'm open to all suggestions.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 0
So you already have a router? Is all you need an Access point? Ubiquity has some decent access points and they are super easy to install.

yes the router in the red spot is the free router that comes with the internet subscription
do you think this UBIQUITI model will do the job? is it better than the TP-Link Archer AX50 WiFi 6 AX3000?
what should I look for when comparing these things?

by the way, around 15 laptops, 3 desktops and ~20 mobile phones will connect to it

I would get 2-3 AC Lites for that number of clients and turn the power down. If your not doing VLANs get a small switch and connect the APs to it and then directly to the router and turn the wifi off on the router.

ok so the UBIQUITI isn't available in the entire country (the shop in the link doesn't have stock)
but I found the TP-Link AC1750 EAP245 which seems to be a popular choice and an up to date model (I just hope this is the v3 model not v1)
i'll get only one for now and see what happens.

if I understood correctly, I don't need a switch if if I had a power outlet next to the Ethernet cable where i'll install the AP
and I don't need the Omada Controller if I don't have more than 1 AP and planing to run them like mesh
i'm i right? any other thoughts are welcome

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back