Looking for a new reciever

AthlonXP

Fully [H]
Looking to upgrade my old Onkyo. I will be connecting the following devices to my Samsung 55 inch LED TV:

1. Cable Box,
2. HTPC
3. Xbox 360
4. Wii
5. Blu Ray player

More then likely going 7.1 setup.

Just wanted some suggestions in the 300-500 range.

I purchased my Onkyo TX-NR717 around August of last year and absolutely love it. Having the ability to use DLNA Audio from any source in the house and play it on the Onkyo (with using my phone as the remote) is pretty cool. You can also share out your SMB shares (with everyone read only access) and utilize Onkyo’s remote app and play music that way as well. It would also seem with this model that Onky fixed the HDMI issues that previous models have been plagued with. I’ve had no issues with the HDMI ports at all.

Also keep in mind that the 717 also have RCA audio outs for each channel, in case if you wanted to add amps to your home theater system. I paid 550 for it and have not looked back once. This receiver really makes my Klipsch reference IIs sing!

I have an Integra 40.4 that I recently got and its nothing short of fantastic.

I think the 30.4 is the exact same, but with less multi-zone options.

I got the Denon AVR-2112CI about a year ago for $450 and have been quite happy with it. I presume you can land an AVR-2113CI for about the same since it is late in the product cycle. You usually have to phone a dealer and ask for their "best" price to get that pricing.

THe high level of Audessey room correction was one of the main attractions to this particular model over the less expensive ones (I think its the MultiEQ XT)

I have a Pioneer receiver from 2 years ago and it is great. These things are quite subjective, you often have to decide on additional factors such as HDMI inputs, onscreen display, up conversion etc. the sound quality depends a lot more on speakers than anything else.

The Denon AVR-1713 is a pretty good option. It's got the full Audyssey MultEQ XT as well as Networking capabilities. It can be had for $330 whe nyou buy from a factory certified dealer. The only difference is it's got a 1 year warranty rather than 2 but you save $120.

I got my AVR-2112CI there about 6 months ago for $380 and love it, but it's gone up to $400 now.

http://www.accessories4less.com/mak...Networking-Receiver-w/AirPlay-3D-Ready/1.html

The 1713 does. I will go with that. Its 100 less then the Onkyo and has the same features.

The 1713 does. I will go with that. Its 100 less then the Onkyo and has the same features.

They probably cleared them out (or your BestBuy never had them) but they have been clearing out the old stock (1712) for $200 or less. Not certain it meets your criteria but thought I would let you know. Taken from slickdeals..and according to someone on slickdeals:

SKU: 2166099

See if your local Best Buy has the older Denon AVR-2312ci Models in their inventory. I lucked out as they were discontinuing it for the newer model AVR-2313CI. They sold me it for $479.99 w/ the 4 year extended warranty., that was about 3 months ago.

I love this receiver.

Looking to upgrade my old Onkyo. I will be connecting the following devices to my Samsung 55 inch LED TV:

1. Cable Box,
2. HTPC
3. Xbox 360
4. Wii
5. Blu Ray player

More then likely going 7.1 setup.

Just wanted some suggestions in the 300-500 range.

Dude,

I have exactly the same setup and just bought a brand new Audio System last November.

For the Receiver I chose the Denon AVR-2113 which I am extremely happy with.

You could also go with the Onkyo NR-616/717 but Onkyo has had a lot of reliability problems as of late, specifically with the HDMI ports blowing out. People have been screaming about it on the forums, that raised a red flag for me.

The other reason I chose the Denon over the Onkyo was the built in Airplay, which is a must if you have Apple products. Onkyo does have alot of extra features, but most of them you will never use unless your're a real audiophile.

Back