looking for a new pc game

I recently quit wow and im looking for another pc game to play along with sc2. im looking for a newer game and i have kinda been out of the loop with pc games that have not been made by blizzard. any suggestions?

i was thinking about elemental (strategy game by stardock) or civ 5.

Call of Duty Series. These games are like the Mcdonalds of PC games. You hate them but you love them at the same time. There are better games out there but for a quick (or long) gaming session the fun/addiction factor is there. ;)

Battle field bad company 2 is a awesome game And way better then cod. I use to play wow and cod then now I play battle field bad company 2 and sc2 and it works out awesome

I say Civ V & CoD World At War if your a fan boy of WWII like me LOL. Hell I am keeping an eye out for WW III so I can partake on D DAY LOL

I play WoW as well, have been playing it since 2006 somewhat on-and-off. I'm in a raiding guild that is 11/12 right now and will be downing Nefarian pretty soon. So yeah, I guess you could say that I'm really into it.

That said, I recently purchased BC2 and the Vietnam expansion pack and honestly, I cannot remember when I have been this immersed in a game since...well, WoW. This is perhaps the only game that's drawn me away from WoW in recent memory. I used to spend a lot of time working on alts or PvPing whenever I didn't have a raid, but now I would rather play BC2. Hands down the most fun I've had with an FPS since my BF2/CS days.

First off....welcome back to the real world. Much has happened since you were gone. ;)

After I quit WoW, I puchased and played all of the best games that had been released while I was away in Azeroth.

Assasin's Creed II
Just Cause 2 (HardOCP Giveway)
Batman AA
Crysis (My newly built rig can handle the Crytec Engine now)
Torchlight (In case you haven't upgraded hardware since WoW Beta)

So many more out there to catch up on. Bioshock is still in the wings for me.

Good Luck

I'd recommend the following:
  • Aliens Vs. Predator
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Assassin's Creed 2
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam
  • Bulletstorm
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
  • Call of Duty Black Ops
  • Dead Space
  • Dead Space 2
  • Ghostbusters
  • Metro 2033
  • Transformers: War for Cybertron
I'm not sure what you've played but these games were all suitably entertaining for me. Most of them are straight up shooters of course, but not all of them are. I'd have thrown in some racing game recommendations but the only one I've played on the PC recently is Need for Speed Hot Pursuit which was a total consolized piece of trash which doesn't work 99% of the time. It's fun while it works but it's got bugs which EA and the developer haven't bothered to address in any satisfactory way. I've heard good things about Need for Speed Shift 2, but I've not tried it myself.

I'd also recommend UT3 with the Titan Pack as I love it, but sadly the online community for it is non-existent. (I hated it before the Titan pack.)

yea i have bfbc2 on steam and play it from time to time. not much of a pc call of duty guy. play that on xbl. currently playing through bulletstorm, i like it so far. im kinda burnt on shooters. really looking for some strategy games. i have never really tried turn based so im thinking about trying that. where should i start? or any other rts games other than sc2(don't say cnc. have all those too)

Another vote for League of Legends, sir, you should consider joining our League of Extraordinary Gentlemen that play this game.

Sins of a Solar Empire on Stardock Impulse is a great 4D RTS...kinda like a bad-ass version of Homeworld.

I'd recommend the following:
  • Aliens Vs. Predator
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Assassin's Creed 2
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam
  • Bulletstorm
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
  • Call of Duty Black Ops
  • Dead Space
  • Dead Space 2
  • Ghostbusters
  • Metro 2033
  • Transformers: War for Cybertron

I would like to +1 the following

• Aliens Vs. Predator
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Assassin's Creed 2
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Bulletstorm
  • Dead Space
  • Dead Space 2
  • Metro 2033
;)

I would like to +1 the following

• Aliens Vs. Predator
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Assassin's Creed 2
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Bulletstorm
  • Dead Space
  • Dead Space 2
  • Metro 2033
;)

Not a fan of the military shooters are we? :)

ASSBRO.

Or should I say, Assassins Creed: Brotherhood.

Seriously, ASSBROing with your bros is fun. Multiplayer is pretty good.

Fallout 3 with a bunch of mods actually makes it a great game. Without mods, it pretty much sucks ass. But now there's enough great mods out there that this game gets my vote.

Fallout New Vegas does not need mods to be a cool game, but they will make it better.

Stalker Call of Pripyat with the Complete mod. Forget the other Stalker games, just play this one, for someone new to the series it's got all you need.

ARMA 2/OA (Combined Operations), join a tactical gaming community and you'll have the time of your life if you enjoy anything military. If you don't, well, skip this one.

CoD World At War

Is there still a good player base for WaW? I've been thinking about getting back into it since I haven't played it in forever, but I loved me some WaW back in the day.

And I would honestly say Civ 4 is better than Civ 5...But that's just me.

Anno 1404.

Started playing it yesterday and i love it.

How does it compare to the rest of the Anno series? I logged lots of happy hours with 1602 and bought 1701 as well, though it didn't have quite the same feel to it. I'd be interested to see how this installment turned out.

BFBC2: Vietnam is a great multiplayer shooter. Highly recommended.

I got the Vietnam expansion some time ago and just really started playing it a couple days ago. I'm really enjoying the hell out of it.

Got bored of BFBC2:Vietnam really fast, went back to regular BC2 after only a few weeks, Vietnam is a good game in general but lacks any good maps, 90% of my games were super stacked with one team just relentlessly beating down on another team and that got boring VERY fast.

Regret the purchase if I'm honest.

How does it compare to the rest of the Anno series? I logged lots of happy hours with 1602 and bought 1701 as well, though it didn't have quite the same feel to it. I'd be interested to see how this installment turned out.

Anno 1404 is my first game i played in the Anno series. But from i have read Anno 1404 has more economy based then the other Anno games (for me thats a good thing).

Last edited:
Got bored of BFBC2:Vietnam really fast, went back to regular BC2 after only a few weeks, Vietnam is a good game in general but lacks any good maps, 90% of my games were super stacked with one team just relentlessly beating down on another team and that got boring VERY fast.

Regret the purchase if I'm honest.

See I've found the reverse to be true. I'm not a fan of most of the BFBC2 maps but I've enjoyed most of the Vietnam maps. I'm not as thrilled with being limited to Vietnam era weapons and it's the maps and the setting that make up for that as far as I am concerned.

Anno 1404 is my first game i played in the Anno series. But from i have read Anno 1404 has more economy based then the other Anno games (for me thats a good thing).

Anno 1404 is a great game. It was also my first time with the series, but I'm hooked... plays a lot like AoE3 (which a lot of people didn't like for some reason) mixed with simcity. I can't wait to try the new one when it's released.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Risen!

Risen is one of the better single player RPG PC games I have played in a long while. It's not easy, in fact early on before you get the hang of the combat; movement and blocking, the game can seem brutally difficult. But it is well done, has good looking environments to explore, and one aspect I especially appreciated; the voice acting of the NPCs was top notch. All the voice overs are professionally delivered. which is important cause there are a lot of peeps to talk to! Lot of combat too though, and exploring, and dungeons with some old fashion puzzle solving. Developed by the same guys who did the Gothic I, II, & III RPGs The game is available off Steam.

Back