Looking for a new multiplayer FPS

NukeULater

Gawd
I few years ago used to play cod4 online and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hoping to get back into the community, I recently installed Black ops 2 and I've been extremely disappointed. The maps aren't that good, the hit blocks and the team leveling system seem screwy. I them moved onto Arma 3 and it's not my cup of tea either. It's to much of a simulator, and for me it's not fun to play. Those graphics though... :eek:

What does everyone recommend for an multilayer FPS with a good community and decent gameplay?

BF4 and CS:GO are the favorites around here I think.

Arma III / DayZ pretty popular as well.

I've enjoyed CoD: Advanced Warfare single player, but it looks like multiplayer is not nearly as active as the above mentioned titles according to steam statistics.

Come play CS:GO. It's the best FPS to play on older hardware, you don't have to hvae a smoking machine to enjoy it, the community can be both fun and toxic, but always entertaining.

Competitive is nice and enjoyable, its a healthy community thats growing heavily.

If you ever played CS 1.6, CS:Go feels way more like that, than CS:S ever did, by far.

I'll third CS GO. BF4 is cool, but the competitive scene is pretty nonexistant due to all the network crap.

Battlefield 3 and Insurgency are my go-to for now. Insurgency is addicting to me as it's very realistic, but the graphics aren't spectacular. It has great gameplay in my opinion, and I picked it up for <$10.

Judging by your opinion of Blops 2 you will not like the new COD:AW either. It's fun imo but a notch behind Blops 2. I suggest BF4. It's a crapload of fun and has a pretty large player base.

You gotta remeber that there are a TON of great Arma 3 mods.
It seems to me like you are looking for quick action like TDM type of game.
I know people will cry for suggesting Infestation: Survivor Stories is a great for that.
They have small maps called Strong hold and some are Dev servers that load you in
with weapons for some quick action.

I would def check out some of the mods on Arma 3.
Epoch
King of the Hill
Breaking Point
Altis Life
Altis Life MOD - which requires some lengthy application process.
etc

is insurgency or cs:go like americas army 2?

i kinda want to play something like aa2 again. I don't really like source much. I've played it a lot over the years but never was my cup of tea.

Last edited:
im gonna give aa proving grounds a go. i read its a little more realistic than aa3. which I havn't tried. but judging from gameplay videos aa3 looked too much like bf3 and not enough like aa2.

I loved AA2(I think it was like 2.6 or something when I played), but never cared for AA3 or the new one. Insurgency is kind of similar and might be worth checking out. It can be more hardcore (some servers do show if you kill someone, but most don't)

I loved AA2(I think it was like 2.6 or something when I played), but never cared for AA3 or the new one. Insurgency is kind of similar and might be worth checking out. It can be more hardcore (some servers do show if you kill someone, but most don't)

God dammit, me too. sf_csar and hospital were my favorite maps. loved it until around the time they removed spawn-sprinting (mashing alt to sprint before your gun even comes out in the beginning). I think that was around something called overmatch or whatever. Picking up suppressed enemy weapons was awesome, loved the sound of them.

Planet Side 2 - if you like epic FPS battles on the maps where play 2000 player simultaneously.
It is free. You can drop some money on some guns or decorations but it is absolutely not necessary to spend money there.

Learning curve might be steep though. At first you will be completely lost but after 10 hours playing you should be fine understanding what to do in the game , how to capture bases, how to join teams etc.

Come play CS:GO. It's the best FPS to play on older hardware, you don't have to hvae a smoking machine to enjoy it, the community can be both fun and toxic, but always entertaining.
Fortunately, I have a smokin' machine so 300fps here I come!

CS:GO and TF2 are my picks
How does CS:GO compare to TF2? I've tried getting into TF2 but doesn't seem to click with me. I mainly play free-for-all or team death match and don't use a microphone.

You gotta remeber that there are a TON of great Arma 3 mods.
It seems to me like you are looking for quick action like TDM type of game.
I know people will cry for suggesting Infestation: Survivor Stories is a great for that.
They have small maps called Strong hold and some are Dev servers that load you in
with weapons for some quick action.

I would def check out some of the mods on Arma 3.
Epoch
King of the Hill
Breaking Point
Altis Life
Altis Life MOD - which requires some lengthy application process.
etc
I'll have to try some of those out. The biggest problem I have with Arma 3, is the difficulty curve. The weapons don't seem to have stopping power and recoil is ridiculous.

Judging by your opinion of Blops 2 you will not like the new COD:AW either. It's fun imo but a notch behind Blops 2. I suggest BF4. It's a crapload of fun and has a pretty large player base.
I haven't heard anything good about ghosts or advanced warfare. I'm not a particularly good player, but I can't stand playing with a bunch of moronic kids that audible complain about every kill over the mic. Is the BF4 community more civilized than that?

kinda strange theres only like 2 threads on insurgency and they are only a couple pages long. are there a lot of servers?

I've tried aa proving grounds but I think most of the servers are in europe. I only get a decent ping to a handful. there aren't many servers total either.

I'd recommend Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantom. Good graphics, not much of a learning curve,

With CS:GO do they run servers with more than 5vs5 and allow multiple deaths? I realize it wouldn't be in the competitive mode, but I never cared for 5vs5 or one death and you have to wait for the next round. I always avoid those modes in BF3/BF4 and early CODs.

Back