Looking for a new mouse non-Logitech/Logicool

Lamont

Supreme [H]ardness
I've searched tons of these threads, but my tastes are a bit different. I have been using Logitech mice since 2002 (MX 1000 and on..). And each one dies from a broken MMB, doesn't charge or LMB breaks.

This is my 10th Logitech mouse (the 2nd time I have purchased as all others in between have been replaced by Logitech/Logicool). But I really think I am done buying mice from them (I think I said this before, looks like I don't learn). So I am a 3D artist and that is why my MMB/LMB dies so fast. Also maybe I press a little too strong. Either way, my mouse LMB is dead and I need a new mouse recommendation that can take a beating. Replacing a G700s from 2011.

Any help will be appreciated.

You could do what I did.. I had a MX mouse switch\button die on me. Not only did I love the mouse, but it was a gift from a deceased relative. I bought replacement, high end switches rated for 30 million clicks, replaced the switches and good as (better) than new :) takes a little disassembly\assembly skills but overall not very difficult.

30 million clicks?

Is it ok to be slightly aroused at this point?

This will be a good project. The mouse is great (shape/weight) otherwise...

Update: The tools to do it would cost about $35, then parts were $9, while a new mouse would cost $25 (I have an additional $15 in points).

I feel like I'm in some kind of abusive relationship that I keep going back to... I just bought a G502 (it was on sale and it felt awesome).

Consider the CM Storm Sentinel Advance II. Quite a mouthful, but an amazing mouse -- great shape, weight, and one of the best sensors available, in my opinion.

There's also the Steel Series Sensei/Sensei RAW, CM Storm Spawn (if you like claw grip), Razer Lachesis, Corsair M65... tons of really good options out there. Roccat, too, though I'm less familiar with their offerings. Logitech is far from the only game in town anymore.

IMO, you can't go wrong with a Steelseries Sensei. I like them so much I am on my fourth one in as many years. You can find the RAW version for around $40 on Amazon.

Back