Looking for a new HDTV, suggestions?

Jay D.

Weaksauce
I moved to college and all I have is a ten year old Sony that has become so soft its almost unwatchable. Long story short, I'm looking for a new HDTV. This is going to be my main living room TV. The room isn't too big or too small so I was thinking a mid 30" to low 40" and I probably can't afford much more then that. I have a PS3 and game a lot so refresh rate is important. I also plan to use it as a monitor now and then so I think 1080p is probably a must unless someone can make a great case otherwise. I'm willing to drop $1500 but any more would be too much. Can I get some input from you guys?

In terms of what I've been looking at so far I was thinking the Sharp Aquos LC-37GP1U was probably a good choice if not a little pricey. I saw the 32" in Best Buy and thought it looked great and the 37" is only a bit more. Anyone know if the loss in contrast compared to the 32" is noticeable or deal breaking?

Could you give me a link? All I see are 720p TVs at that size from Sony.

Wow that actually looks like a really good deal. I love Sonys. IMO they always have the best remotes too. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Back