Email
Phone (DUH! lol)
internet access
phone book
good battery life
Fast
GSM and what ever else is good

Thats your basic phone...

Im not looking at the iPhone so please dont suggest it.

Ive seen the Tero Palm but i dont know when thats coming out.
Theres the Black Berry but ive seens problems with the buttons
Black jack havnt heard anythinga bout this...

Im more or less looking for a sleek small but still has ample screen relastate...

Any suggestions? Price i know will be a bit but ill get it on a plan so the price should be less...

Let me know if theres any "popular" ones out there.

At the moment T-Mobile

But i dont care who I end up with... Contracts up for renewal anyways so it wont matter who I go with...

However T-Mobile dosnt get good reception in this area im in... So im looking elsewhere AT&T seems to get good signal here so i might switch over to that.

AT&T Tilt (8925) is what I have, and I love it. Good reception, internet connection, wi-fi, full keyboard, tons of room for contacts (Outlook or SIM)...it does everything I need it to do easily.

I have the Motorola Q (on Verizon, but there is a GSM version as well - the Blackjack is also pretty much the same phone). For me, it's pretty much perfect - small, light, decent (not great without the extended, but it'll get you through the day on a single change even if you are a fairly heavy talker), fast enough processor to play anything I've thrown at it in TCPMP and there are some good addons (like TxtMan which gives you threaded SMS). I think the GSM versions are running WM6 which should be even better (I have the original which runs 5).

I love my HTC PPC6800 (Titan) from alltel.

Does T-Mobile carry HTC stuff? Some have slider qwerty boards.

I had the moto Q but didn't like it and got the blackberry 8370 with Verizon (I think that's the model before the curve). It's great with Exchange (work email) but not so good for web mail. Also, the data bandwidth is a bit slow so web browsing is slow. google maps is pretty bad too.

what OS are you interested in? I ask because my wife has a older Palm T/X (PDA, no phone) and I installed TomTom on it. We use it all the time on road trips. There are some programs that you may want that isn't available or mature on a particular OS.

If you like the Palm OS, you may want to stick with a phone that has a stylus or touchscreen inputs.

Anything HTC Ive used both the 8525 and 8925 and both are great phones. HTC is coming out with a new phone hopefully this year called the Touch so look for it.

Tmobile Sidekick can be found for cheap and works well.

Nokia E71.
Full QWERTY, massive battery life, American 3G radio, Wi-Fi.. what's not to like?

+1 for HTC

I own a Kaiser aka "Tilt" and i love it. xda dev have lots of roms to flash it with to make it have the diamond's keyboards and such.

I use my GPS on it all the time, tomtom and i have opera mobile which runs great

If you can wait about a month (or less), for for the HTC Dream of T-mobile. It will be the first phone released with Android!

Sprint

MP6950SP_LPI.gif

HTC Diamond
http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASA...id9=Email_0908touchdiamondlaunch_touchdiamond

$99/month gets you the buffet plan. $250 takes home the phone.

Yeah, the HTC lineup is amazing. They have the Dream coming, they have the Wing thats already out and the Titan and the kaiser as well as the touch pro and the Touch HD coming out soon. IT really depends on WHEN you are going to upgrade and for how much.

You need to decide a few things here...

GSM or EVDO?
Which carrier?
If you want a querty keyboard or just a touchscreen one.

I have the HTC Titan or the PPC6800 or XV6800. :D

I have the HTC Titan or the PPC6800 or XV6800. :D

Myself as well. Did you upgrade to 6.1? And then hack GPS? to work because VZW disables.

Windows Mobile is great, I can't live without it because I use Exchange for work. Amazing.

Back