Asus DVD Rom DVD-E818A6T SATA
Lite-On BD-ROM DH-4O1S08C SATA
Western Digital 640GB Caviar Green SATA
Western Digital 160GB Caviar IDE
eVGA e-GeForce 8800GT AKIMBO PCI-E x16 1GB DDR3
Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 Slim HDMI out PCI

ATX or mATX I think the case can handle both

any good quality boards for under $100?

As long as you stick with Asus or Gigabyte you should be fine as they tend to have the best quality across their whole range.

I really like my ASUS M4A785-M for my HTPC setup. It was $70 when I got it if I remember right. It will work with your DDR2 and has the ability to unlock cores if you pop in a CPU that has that sort of potential.

that drive is $55 today, which is an excellent price. Cheaper than most of the low-power "green" drives out there. Performance wise its up there with the WD Black. As far as being used in an HTPC, its a great drive, but probably not "ideal" since it might be a little noisier and a little warmer than a "green" drive. Those drives are slower, but still fast enough to perform well in the HTPC role. I don't know about the noise factor since I don't own one of these, but at this price you can't go wrong with that HDD

I am using the F3 in my HTPC and it is a great drive. To be honest, the amount of extra energy that it uses extra in relation to a green drive is really small. They are pretty quiet and I have yet to hear mine at all from a normal HTPC using distance. At that price you really cannot lose.

ordered the drive hopefully the commission link worked

Do I need to do anything for Vista? I'm upgrading from AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ AM2 3.1Ghz and Asus M3N78 Pro to AMD Athlon II X2 250 AM3 3.0Ghz and GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H

I can still use the same key? on the same HD right?

I must of missed that update. is that for the media center in Vista?

Back