Looking for a new all-in-one printer

Liver

Supreme [H]ardness
I have an HP that’s dying slowly. I need to get a new one.

Which major manufacture has the best IOS and OSX support? HP has gotten better, but the OSX and IOS programs “break” routinely.

Any one satisfied with any other major brand IOS and OSX printer / scanner support?

I have had no problems with any printers I have used on either macOS or iOS.
I use printers at work (as in, printers that aren't my printers) and they work fine. The same at Church. The same at home.
I've used Canon, Konica Minolta, Kyocera (which... I mean yeah, low end printer brand), amongst others.
I've used business class and standard home printers.
I've used MS Word, Safari, Preview, and several other programs to print from. None of them have had issues.

Reactions: Liver
like this
I have had no problems with any printers I have used on either macOS or iOS.
I use printers at work (as in, printers that aren't my printers) and they work fine. The same at Church. The same at home.
I've used Canon, Konica Minolta, Kyocera (which... I mean yeah, low end printer brand), amongst others.
I've used business class and standard home printers.
I've used MS Word, Safari, Preview, and several other programs to print from. None of them have had issues.

I haven’t had a serious problem with the HP app, it works. Example, the scanner portion of the app with just stop working. I have to reinstall and boom, it’s back fine.

Thats all. Right now I’m looking at the Canon brand, specifically their printer that takes bulk ink.

We really dont print pictures (photographs), but we do print in color often.

I haven’t had a serious problem with the HP app, it works. Example, the scanner portion of the app with just stop working. I have to reinstall and boom, it’s back fine.

Thats all. Right now I’m looking at the Canon brand, specifically their printer that takes bulk ink.

We really dont print pictures (photographs), but we do print in color often.

I only have experience with business class copiers and scanners. The scanner doesn't require software. It scans and then you send the doc to who you want to. So I guess that's something I don't know about. The software end.

The way I’m looking at it is the hardware is pretty much all the same. At similar price points.

It’s the software that makes it, and to a lesser extent the quality and cost of the ink.

in my experience when it comes a ios and macOS you can't go wrong with a HP laserjet

like this
I haven't had any issues with Brother or Dell printers either, although I think my 2270-DW (from like 10 years ago) finally stopped being supported on MacOS last year.

Just bought a Canon MF642 for the home office. It plays nicely with all the iPhones in the house as well as my iPad. Setup was basically non-existent. Just worked fine. Same for both my and my wife's MacBook Pros as well. Amazon sells "cheap" full color toner packs as well which was important for me. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/canon-...-in-one-printer-white/6333172.p?skuId=6333172

Had a dinosaur Brother monochrome printer before. No AirPrint support was a big reason I replaced it. Also wanted color capability as the kids are getting older and school projects are becoming more common. I can only speak for 1 model but if I had to buy another printer I'd buy this one again.

like this
Just bought a Canon MF642 for the home office. It plays nicely with all the iPhones in the house as well as my iPad. Setup was basically non-existent. Just worked fine. Same for both my and my wife's MacBook Pros as well. Amazon sells "cheap" full color toner packs as well which was important for me. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/canon-...-in-one-printer-white/6333172.p?skuId=6333172

Had a dinosaur Brother monochrome printer before. No AirPrint support was a big reason I replaced it. Also wanted color capability as the kids are getting older and school projects are becoming more common. I can only speak for 1 model but if I had to buy another printer I'd buy this one again.

I bought it today! Thanks.

So far so good.

Which toner packs are you looking at on Amazon? Official or third party?

Third party. They had a few different full color packs of the #54 toners in the 80-90 dollar range.

Back