Looking for a motherboard for Ryzen 1700 that has ALC1220 audio and AC wireless

adobian

Limp Gawd
Hello everyone,

I am going to build my Ryzen system soon.

I want to overclock a 1700
I want to have ALC1220 audtio chip
I want to have AC wireless built in.
I want to keep the price low to maybe $160 max.

Could someone recommend a motherboard for me ?

Thanks

Well, quick search on Newegg yields bad news:

* Three boards with 802.11ac on them out of the box.
* Two of those boards have ALC1220 on them.
* Zero of those two boards are <$160. One is $199.99 and the other is $249.99. Both prices before MIRs.

The Gigabyte AB350-GAMING 3 has ALC1220 Audio Chip, and has an M2 slot.. If you aren't using an M2 slot, you may be able to buy an M2 Wifi-AC Card - gotta figure out how to get an antenna the card tho.

Or grab something like the Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7260 network adapter for desktop (PCI Express).

Last edited:
Gigabyte has two AB350 boards

"AB350 Gaming 3" (3 on the end - which has the ALC1220 Audio Chip) - here are the specs

and the cheaper (by about 10$ I think).

"AB350 Gaming" which has the ALC887 (no 3 on the end)

You are being a little bit too cheap, sorry.

Asrock tachi x370 has everything you listed for $200, there is a $15 re-bait as well.

FWIW the wifi is an intel module already, and is a standard size (for wifi) m2 card in a dedicated backplate slot. As far as "never replace or upgrade" the wifi card, that is false. I have their z270 itx board of similar design and it really is just a vertical m2 slot with an antenna plate:
http://www.tweaktown.com/image.php?...270-gaming-itx-ac-motherboard-review_full.jpg

Adding an intel card with their desktop kit to another board with all the other features might even cost more.

I think the ASROCK Fatality @ $149 is a good option, I will add a wifi module.

What is the difference between the Tachi and Fatality ?

Back