Looking for a long range Wifi Adapter

kingdom9214

Limp Gawd
Basically I rent a Secondary Suite of a house, they have nice fast Verizon Fios, but the Wifi reception is pretty low in the house. I usually get 1-2 bars and I sometimes drop connection with my crappy Asus G75's wifi card. So I figured if I bought a nice high range Wifi Adapter I would be fine. I pretty much watch youtube videos, browse the web and play games causally on the week end. When I sit just outside my room I get 3 bar which pulls about 8-15mbs which is fine for me. Does know of any good High Gain adapters that would help me get a little better connection ? My budget is up to $75-100.

This is the one I was looking at.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G15W8684

If you don't mind having to deal with an external adapter, the one you listed has a good chance of working well for you.

Check out some of the Ubiquiti gear. They have some interesting stuff for not a lot of money. A Nanostation M2 Loco would work, prob ovrekill....

Check out some of the Ubiquiti gear. They have some interesting stuff for not a lot of money. A Nanostation M2 Loco would work, prob ovrekill....

That looks like it would work great, but as far as I can tell that device is a router/repeater. I need something that picks up Wifi not something that sends it.

That looks like it would work great, but as far as I can tell that device is a router/repeater. I need something that picks up Wifi not something that sends it.

Oh, but it does pick it up.

Oh, but it does pick it up.

It does ? The reviews on it are amazing. If I can get connect to the Wifi through I will buy it right now. The Router is only about 75 feet away through 4 walls. Maybe I just don't understand what this does.

The nanostations I have are M5's so I cannot use them to connect to my network to illustrate. I am using 2 to act as a ptp bridge and it works great. There is a web interface that you can configure it to connect to.

I wish I had some extras to play with, they are indeed neat.

Back