Looking for a light gaming laptop...

ITAngel

n00b
Hi there, I am currently looking for a light gaming laptop for my wife. I don't have much of a budget no more than $400.00 Was looking at best buy around the $300-$400 dollar range but was not sure what to pick up. I also like to buy from Amazon since I have an Amazon Prime account. She wants something that can do her pictures, have some drive space and do some light to medium gaming such as Guild Wars 2. Is there anything like that withing that price range?

The acer e5-573g was on sale during black Friday and I managed to snag one at $409 (after visa checkout $25 off $100 code).

Specs are in signature. You can swap out the dummy ODD bay/cover for a 2.5" enclosure and I have two SSD's running on this guy and can play light games just fine. League of Legends maxed out @ 1080P with shadows on low. The screen uses a 2 lane edp connection so I am still trying to find a better quality panel, but after that it's a nice little machine. Finding one right now would be hard IMO unless you're willing to spend a tad more on older gen gaming laptops. I've seen a few Sager's on eBay with GTX 460M/560M's go for $450 some times.

Don't rule out certified refurbished units...most come with a 1 year warranty and you can add on addition coverage, as an option.

Here's one equipped with a Sandy Bridge i5 and the FirePro M5950

Back