Looking for a laptop, having a hard time!

kandor

Gawd
Hi,

I'm looking for a laptop with pretty flexible minimum specs. But certain combinations don't seem to be available. Note, a high end surface book (the new one) would probably be great - but screen size is too small.

15.6 or 17" screen,
Convertible touchscreen
Pressure pen included or available separately
Quad core processor (this is the combo I can't find - every convertible laptop has a dual core processor)
16 gb ram
system on ssd
extra hd storage optional.

Barring finding a convertible - I've found the hardware I want in some of the Asus RoG models, but seriously in a meeting I don't want to have one inch high red letters saying 'REPUBLIC OF GAMERS' under my screen.

So, if I give up on the convertible and just look for a decent i7-7700 quad core laptop with 16gb of ram with a 15.6 or 17 inch screen I would be happy, but then I want one that looks flashy.

Here is a convertible I like, and would buy except it's dual core:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...16gb-ram-windows-10-15-bl018ca/10575041.aspx?

Spec'ing a dell seems very difficult to me - you might laugh - but I'm a desktop person and know very little about laptops.

Thanks,

I have an Alienware 15R3 that I am about to sell if you are interested. I have used it for work and it's pretty tame once you turn off the lights.

The new Lenovo Yoga 720 15 inch with the 1050 graphics card. Wacom pen support. Good reviews.

Cool, that's what I was looking for - bought one last night, basically identical to the xps15 spec wise (although the xps has 4gb vram) but it adds the 360 hinge.

Thanks!

you bought it? Wow, Im wanting it. Can you give me your opinion?

It wont come until first week of June, I'll let you know - I ordered a pressure sensitive pen as well.

Who did you order from? They have them at Best Buy, I saw them yesterday.

Back