Looking for a high-volume 60mm fan, suggestions?

steal

2[H]4U
I'm currently looking for a very high CFM 60mm fan to replace the regular stock fan that sits on top of the heatsink in an arcade cabinet that runs on a mATX board/case. Currently it has been having overheating issues which I think could be solved by simply replacing the fan. Noise isn't an issue at all, just looking for whatever pushes the most air. Anyone have any suggestions? I couldn't find antyhing over 25-27CFM on Newegg, so I'm hoping to purchase it elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

edit; The mobo is an ECS c51gm-m also, if that helps. I believe it's AM2, but I'm unsure of exactly what CPU it is using. I would also be open to a new heatsink/fan combo suggestion, as long as it's cheap (under $10-15).

Last edited:
Is the sink making good contact to the chip?
If not, a fan is not going to do any help.

You want loud and high volume fans? Go find some 60x60x38mm deltas those should do the trick (and possibly blow your ears apart). :D

Is the sink making good contact to the chip?
If not, a fan is not going to do any help.

I personally haven't checked. The board itself is a pain in the ass to get at due to the design of the arcade cabinet, and the custom case it sits in. Just about everything has to be disconnected to even move it out an inch or two, including two annoying proprietary PCI cards that do... something.

The machine itself is not well ventilated, and the case is open (cannot be closed due to power supply that was replaced awhile back which does not fit in the case), so there is no proper airflow going through the case itself.

Wait a minute!
Is this the motherboard? http://www.3dgameman.com/content/view/3493/103/1/1/
What 60mm fan are you talking about?

Yes that is the mobo. The 60mm fan I'm referring to is the fan that sits on top of the (what I assume is) the stock AM2 heatsink, which is obviously not pictured on that site :p

Does anyone think that the onboard video could be causing the overheating/crashing issues, and not the CPU itself? I cannot monitor temps outside of the BIOS as the system/game runs on a proprietary build of Linux.

edit; it looks like this
AMD-AM2-4200.jpg

Use a temperature monitoring program, like Speedfan, to monitor the CPU temperature to confirm if you have a CPU overheating problem. Run some benchmarks while doing that.
If that is the case, i would not replace the fan. I would replace the cooler, including the fan.

Back