good?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • don't know

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
It's a great card. But grab an Android device with 5 GHz channel. Install the free Wifi signal app. (It comes with a little signal strength meter) Realize your effective rate drops off QUICKLY when you hit the yellow zone. (>-60dB)

If bandwidth is critical at a distance you could try a powerline adapter which hit about ~500Mb sustained transfer. (Netgear PLP1200)

It's a great card. But grab an Android device with 5 GHz channel. Install the free Wifi signal app. (It comes with a little signal strength meter) Realize your effective rate drops off QUICKLY when you hit the yellow zone. (>-60dB)

If bandwidth is critical at a distance you could try a powerline adapter which hit about ~500Mb sustained transfer. (Netgear PLP1200)
I did that last night, half the room was over 60 and the other half was below 60.

order it off amazon. some how 2 day shipping equals delivered on the 10th. :ROFLMAO:

For a cheaper option there is also this: https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GC-...&qid=1475248780&sr=8-1&keywords=gigabyte+wifi

It uses a Intel 8260 2x2 card.

I have a few of these and it's slightly older cousin, the 7260. I manage 48MB/sec actual throughput with them on a good signal.

As a bonus they also include bluetooth, but the bluetooth portion of the card has to be connected to an internal USB header, it does not operate over PCIEx.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back