Looking for a good web hosting company ?

ActiveX

n00b
Can anyone recommend a good web hosting company other than GoDaddy or HostGator?

The usual...

Geocities
Tripod
Angelfire

I use X10,

& bucks a month gets you a lot there, they also have a free platform, but its one where you have to verify it every 30 days

Oh no that sucks! Well I haven't needed a host in a couple years, shows how much stuff changes and how fast in the hosting world....

DigitalOcean, Linode, AWS, Google Cloud, CrownCloud, etc there are quite a few big and small VPS players and they are so cheap now that unless you absolutely need cPanel or something you might as well go with a VPS and not just shared hosting.

If you are set on shared web hosting, I used to use Crucial Paradigm a long time ago (before I jumped into using VPSes) and they were good to me. Looking at their site now, they start at $10/month but if you pre-pay for a year or multiple years you can get discounts, or at least they used to offer that.

I use A1WHS.com .. cheap, got what I need, and are always up.

BuyShared.net, BuyVM's shared web hosting product. Francisco knows what he is doing.

AWS Lightsail. I moved to Amazon after years at BlueHost and GoDaddy and it is much better at lower price.

As always I recommend Midwest Internet (mw.net). I have all my stuff hosted there.

big thumbs up for some of the suggestions, definitely checking out two of them!

Back