Looking for a good web hosting company ?

ActiveX

n00b
Can anyone recommend a good web hosting company other than GoDaddy or HostGator?

klank

Killer of Killer NIC Threadz
The usual...

Geocities
Tripod
Angelfire

k1pp3r

[H]F Junkie
I use X10,

& bucks a month gets you a lot there, they also have a free platform, but its one where you have to verify it every 30 days

Eickst

[H]ard|Gawd
Oh no that sucks! Well I haven't needed a host in a couple years, shows how much stuff changes and how fast in the hosting world....

wolfofone

Gawd
DigitalOcean, Linode, AWS, Google Cloud, CrownCloud, etc there are quite a few big and small VPS players and they are so cheap now that unless you absolutely need cPanel or something you might as well go with a VPS and not just shared hosting.

wolfofone

Gawd
If you are set on shared web hosting, I used to use Crucial Paradigm a long time ago (before I jumped into using VPSes) and they were good to me. Looking at their site now, they start at $10/month but if you pre-pay for a year or multiple years you can get discounts, or at least they used to offer that.

modi123

Supreme [H]ardness
I use A1WHS.com .. cheap, got what I need, and are always up.

Farkle

Lurker
BuyShared.net, BuyVM's shared web hosting product. Francisco knows what he is doing.

almalino

[H]ard|Gawd
AWS Lightsail. I moved to Amazon after years at BlueHost and GoDaddy and it is much better at lower price.

Haven

Supreme [H]ardness
As always I recommend Midwest Internet (mw.net). I have all my stuff hosted there.

K-Mac

Weaksauce
big thumbs up for some of the suggestions, definitely checking out two of them!