Looking for a good toughbook..

Chix4mat

Gawd
Well not me, but a friend. He wants a speedy toughbook that is not ultra-expensive. He wants it to be able to run WinXP and Photoshop just fine.

So far, he was looking at one with a PIII 933MHz processor with 256MB of ram, and also another with a Pentium M 1.10GHz with 512MB (I believe) of ram.

Can anyone recommend really good makers of toughbooks, or one that would suit his needs just fine?

Thanks in advance for any help!

If you actually mean the Toughbooks (the nearly indestructable laptops) then they are only made by Panasonic.

Twinhead makes something called a Durabook. They are a few 100 bucks more then a normal notebook and they are suspose to hold up much better then a normal notebook but not to the point of a panasonic toughbook. Compusa carrys one of the duabooks but you can find them online in both prebuilt and in whitebox configs.

tdg said:
If you actually mean the Toughbooks (the nearly indestructable laptops) then they are only made by Panasonic.

I mean a durable notebook.. like for doing inventories and that crap. I didn't know Toughbook was a brandname.

swatbat said:
Twinhead makes something called a Durabook. They are a few 100 bucks more then a normal notebook and they are suspose to hold up much better then a normal notebook but not to the point of a panasonic toughbook. Compusa carrys one of the duabooks but you can find them online in both prebuilt and in whitebox configs.

I will take a look at those as well. Please keep the ideas coming :D

Back