Looking for a Good Screen Saver

Starguard

Limp Gawd
My computer is running Windows 7 64 bit. I wanted to run some of the older screen savers like "Johnny Castaway" or "Starfield", but was informed that they are so old that they wont run on the computer I have.

Does anyone here have a link to some good screen savers I could take a look at?

Last edited:
I like "Hyperspace screensaver". The readme says: Really Slick - Indie game dev and classic 3D screensavers It sounds kind of spammy and aware like, but the copies I have seem to be clean.

I sit in front of my monitor a lot with a screensaver going. Mostly when I'm just sitting back and relaxing to the music. I tend to let the music play for long periods and not play 15 seconds of a track and spend the next 3 hours skipping tracks like a lot of my friends and co-workers do. Plus my desk chair is comfy. :)

One of my favorite saver is Voodoo Lights that came out about 15 years ago. I finally got it to work with windows 7 x64 with a tweak in the reg file that comes with the screen saver. The version that I'm running is 1.2.7.

In the 90s I had this really cool free fractals screen saver but it was all pentagrams and other occultist geometry designs. Wish I could find it again.

And maybe he wants to look at it while playing music. I have an aquarium screen saver that is relaxing to watch and you can select type of fish etc. I got that in a bargain section for 5 bucks.

If you want a 'screensaver' to look at while playing music, milkdrop with the settings cranked up and a big effects pack is unbeatable in my books, used to VJ professionally so go figure.

Matrix Code Enumerator. Running that on 3+ screens is instant pussy*

*please note that levels and immediacy of pussy is subject to change and results may vary.

If you want a 'screensaver' to look at while playing music, milkdrop with the settings cranked up and a big effects pack is unbeatable in my books, used to VJ professionally so go figure.

I've used milkdrop in WinAmp but foobar does not support milkdrop.

I like this: Fliqlo It makes your screen look like a digital clock. Not to relaxing. In the past I had a fireplace one, but don't remember which one or have a link.

I like "Hyperspace screensaver". The readme says: Really Slick - Indie game dev and classic 3D screensavers It sounds kind of spammy and aware like, but the copies I have seem to be clean.

I sit in front of my monitor a lot with a screensaver going. Mostly when I'm just sitting back and relaxing to the music. I tend to let the music play for long periods and not play 15 seconds of a track and spend the next 3 hours skipping tracks like a lot of my friends and co-workers do. Plus my desk chair is comfy. :)
Let me guess, you work for the government?

No. I'm an electrician. By the time I get home, I like to relax.
Ah, I thought your work profile was sitting down and relaxing listening music with the screen saver along with your co-workers lol. That sounds like a government / city worker job.

You know those jokes (City workers getting issued shovels made out of chain instead of wood to prevent them from leaning idle on them) didn't come from nowhere.

You know those jokes (City workers getting issued shovels made out of chain instead of wood to prevent them from leaning idle on them) didn't come from nowhere.

I definitely know what you mean. The company I work for does do work for the city and some state work and they don't use shovels made of chains, theirs are rope and take 11 people to operate. :D Actually, its not as bad here in this small town compared to when I lived in a larger city.

SereneScreen Marine Aquarium - Download

I love my Serenescreen aquarium. It has several built in options for sounds and music. Also it would work perfectly on my PLP monitors before eyefinity, on my 7970 cards.

That's the one I bought for five bucks on disk but it is in a box somewhere and don't have it installed right now. Your link says "buy now" but when you click it it dowloads it. Is it just a demo you unlock with a purchase?

The copy of starfield that I have ( found via google) works with Win10, and Seven before that.

Yes, it will run as a demo until you buy an unlock code.

There is a short demo on my rig on a 7970 that did not support Eyefinity.

Back