Looking for a good mechanical keyboard

Hi, I have been looking for a new keyboard with cherry mx blue switches, and I can't seem to find one. I would prefer backlighting, but it's not necessary. My budget is $100 including shipping. Any help would be appreciated.

Save some cash and pick up a Monoprice/Rosewill keyboard.

At that price point, I'd go for the CMQuickfire Rapid (10-keyless) or Rosewill RK9000 (full sized). Neither are backlit, but you get great quality boards for less than your current price point, esp. if you wait for sales which are regular.

If you really want backlighting, you'll want to raise your budget at least another ~$20 USD or so. At that price point (~$120 USD) the CMStorm Trigger is a solid board, you'd have to raise your price point closer to ~$160 USD for Ducky backlit boards. Both offer 4 Cherry MX switch variants.

Ducky's backlit boards are some of the best, quality wise, after Deck. But, you need to shell out much more for Deck, imo they're not really worth that much considering they only offer Cherry MX Black and Clear.

At that price point, I'd go for the CMQuickfire Rapid (10-keyless) or Rosewill RK9000 (full sized). Neither are backlit, but you get great quality boards for less than your current price point, esp. if you wait for sales which are regular.

If you really want backlighting, you'll want to raise your budget at least another ~$20 USD or so. At that price point (~$120 USD) the CMStorm Trigger is a solid board, you'd have to raise your price point closer to ~$160 USD for Ducky backlit boards. Both offer 4 Cherry MX switch variants.

Ducky's backlit boards are some of the best, quality wise, after Deck. But, you need to shell out much more for Deck, imo they're not really worth that much considering they only offer Cherry MX Black and Clear.

ducky is $130 tenkeyless

I should shut up, I know it is a bit out of OP's budget, I'm just excited because mine should be here Wed.

Best Buy has the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate for $78 right now on clearance to make room for the new models. I know they Razer stuff doesnt get a lot of love on this forum but Ive had mine a year and a half now and love it. YMMV but it might be worth running by your local BB and checking it out.

I won't normally recommend any Razer BW keyboards because of the low QC employed by the manufacturer (iOne), too many bought units end up going through RMA or end up returned. That doesn't mean that you won't get lucky and get one that works fine for as long as you have it; it just means there's a good chance that you'll get one that does end up with some issue, and that's why I tend to steer away from iOne products myself.

Like I said, not too much love for Razer on this forum. Theyve been good for me though so I have no complaints.

I just got an original DAS for $50 on ebay barelly used. I say you cant beat that.

I considered the Razer. I have had a razer refurb keyboard for a while and its been great but tons of people have problems with em

You can find mechanical Cherry POS (Point of Sale, aka Terminal) boards on ebay for ~$15 (USD) if you take a good look and have a little luck. They may require a little clean up (which is easy), but you can't go wrong with that kind of price; just make sure the seller is trusted and contact them about the board you consider buying.

ive been waiting 3 weeks for my DAS keyboard. fuck those assholes. they lost my order in the mail once already and theyre finally shipping it as of yesterday. so id say avoid them if possible.

I would get the CM Quickfire Rapid. Good build quality and compact, I like mine (I have the blue). I also have a red Rosewill 9000. The keyboard is great when it works, but for some retarded reason even though 99% of the keyboard is built very well the USB connector is extremely shoddy. Current on RMA.

I would get the CM Quickfire Rapid. Good build quality and compact, I like mine (I have the blue). I also have a red Rosewill 9000. The keyboard is great when it works, but for some retarded reason even though 99% of the keyboard is built very well the USB connector is extremely shoddy. Current on RMA.

I's a common problem with micro USB connectors on keyboards; if you don't care about warranty, it's easy to fix by disassembling and touching up the solder joints.

Back