Looking for a good Dual Xeon board

the ncch-DL has 8x agp

the PC-DL actually has an undocumented 800fsb setting

im going with the ncch-dl

talking as one that owns both the optis and xeons, i like the xeons a little bit more (and they are cheapre right now (intel less then amd go figure))

i curently use both Tyan and Asus mbs for my xeons
the Tyan 7205 and the I875 powered boards, the Pc-Dl is cheaper but i needed the scsi for the tyan, my next one will either be the Iwill Dh800 or the Asus NCCH depends wich is cheaper in january.

IMO the Supermicro X5DA8 is the best mb that fits your description. Rock solid board.

I got the ncch-dl board with dual 2.8 xeons and I am very happy with it. I would definitely recommend it.

NCCH-DL

-PCI-X
-Nocona support
-I think they reworked the VRM.......not sure on that

I'd only get the PC-DL if price was a big concern.........like it was for me. ;)

Or just wait for an Nforce 4 dual Opti dual SLI board.......and mortgage everything for it.

From a complete unbias point of view, I'd say that the Iwill DH800 looks a pretty good board to work with... :p

from what i have read the I875 boards can "only" take 4gb but only 3.3 actually is useful. (why wtf i do not know the actual reason for that) however they are faster and overclockable (iwill and asus)

i was thinking of a dual xeon for music workstation where HT is very usefull 2x cpu and HT should be even better :) and put 3GB on it because my current 1GB just does not cut it with some huge soft synths i have now.

I have a PC-DL running my Xeons and I really like it. It doesn't hold water to my dual Opteron system, but I also paid like 2 grand less for the Xeon setup.

Back