Looking for a good Dual Xeon board

paulmofyourhand

[H]ard|Gawd
the ncch-DL has 8x agp

the PC-DL actually has an undocumented 800fsb setting

im going with the ncch-dl

dagamore

Gawd
talking as one that owns both the optis and xeons, i like the xeons a little bit more (and they are cheapre right now (intel less then amd go figure))

i curently use both Tyan and Asus mbs for my xeons
the Tyan 7205 and the I875 powered boards, the Pc-Dl is cheaper but i needed the scsi for the tyan, my next one will either be the Iwill Dh800 or the Asus NCCH depends wich is cheaper in january.

jaffy

[H] Custodian
IMO the Supermicro X5DA8 is the best mb that fits your description. Rock solid board.

sdadept

Limp Gawd
I got the ncch-dl board with dual 2.8 xeons and I am very happy with it. I would definitely recommend it.

THE JEW (RaVeN)

Limp Gawd
NCCH-DL

-PCI-X
-Nocona support
-I think they reworked the VRM.......not sure on that

I'd only get the PC-DL if price was a big concern.........like it was for me. ;)

Or just wait for an Nforce 4 dual Opti dual SLI board.......and mortgage everything for it.

From a complete unbias point of view, I'd say that the Iwill DH800 looks a pretty good board to work with... :p

DeFex

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - June 2011
from what i have read the I875 boards can "only" take 4gb but only 3.3 actually is useful. (why wtf i do not know the actual reason for that) however they are faster and overclockable (iwill and asus)

i was thinking of a dual xeon for music workstation where HT is very usefull 2x cpu and HT should be even better :) and put 3GB on it because my current 1GB just does not cut it with some huge soft synths i have now.

Wolf31o2

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a PC-DL running my Xeons and I really like it. It doesn't hold water to my dual Opteron system, but I also paid like 2 grand less for the Xeon setup.