Looking for a good content management script (like PHPnuke or PHPwebsite)

moetop

[H]ard|Gawd
I have used both PHPnuke and PHPwebsite. I like PHPwebsite, because the control panel makes sense. Nuke was a bit of a mess (i.e. modules that I was using not being updated for newer versions of Nuke, and the control panel was not friendly.)

PHPwebsite 1.2.x is being a major pain in my ass getting it installed. It's installed but I am having permission issues. They have a IRC channel, but no one is ever on and their support forums don't look terribly active.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a content management system like these 2 I mentioned, that has a very active support community and is not a bear to work with once installed? My provider supports Mysql and php

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Tried Joomla?

It's more of a content management system...it pretty much takes over the backend support for your site, but the userbase is huge and willing to help

Joomla is pretty decent these days and theres good community support. Vivvo is a relatively new but good paid solution too.

These are looking good. I don't mind paying for something either. $400 is about my limit though, which Vivvo costs if you want to do your own branding.

Keep the suggestions coming!!

edit: I have also heard a few things about Drupal and it loooks like "The Onion" uses it for their site.

We have an intern here at work who's redesigning our website using Drupal. It seems to work pretty well and can be pretty powerful. Apparantly MTV's UK site is built on Drupal, for what that's worth.

Here is another one for the list...

http://modxcms.com/

It's more user friendly for editing and such... If I recall Drupal is code based editing without modification?

Enjoy
AMDbuilder

I'm not working on our new site so i can't say for sure, but once Drupal was installed on our webhost's server, i think you just simply add different modules to get different functionality. If you have the programming skills then you can create your own modules as well. There seems to be a pretty big community behind it of people supporting it and creating themes and modules.

Joomla has been on top of my list for awhile now..

Great community, great support etc.

I've been creating custom templates, and implementing those. So far everything has been smooth.

Back