Looking for a good 27" 1080p monitor for mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

sMiLeYz

Limp Gawd
My mom recently tasked me to get her a monitor that is better for her eyes. She works full-time from home as a system administrator for a small company, the monitor she uses puts a strain on her eyes for her 8 hour work days. She wants to upgrade. So I'm looking for suggestion on the monitor front. She uses a laptop so it's important it the monitor have VGA or HDMI, and be 1080p

IMPORTANT FEATURES

• 27" or bigger
    Flicker free
    1080p
    Under 300
    Good colors and contrast
    hdmi/vga

COOL TO HAVE

• 75hz or higher
    Built in speakers
    IPS
    Good Viewing angles

DOESN'T MATTER

• GYSNC or FreeSync
    Response time
    display lag

Open to suggestions or anything I might have missed.

I don't have any specific recommendations off the top of my head, but anything that is IPS with no PWM with the right size & resolution should suit the criteria you laid out for her needs. A monitor using a VA panel should be good, too.

The deal that Ducman69 linked would do perfectly for her :) : www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?&Item=N82E16824025041 with promo code EMCASKR42. That brings the current sale price of $199 down to $169 with the code, and it currently has free shipping to boot. It's a 27" IPS 1080p display with both HDMI and analog VGA connections.

For future reference, this kind of question is probably best off in the hot deals discussion or display sections... :D.

Why not go with a smaller 24" and just decrease the resolution or increase text size. Save a few bucks.

Why not go with a smaller 24" and just decrease the resolution or increase text size. Save a few bucks.

Running a monitor at less than native resolution is always going to look like crap. Same with windows scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back