Looking for a gaming chair.

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
Stop wasting your money on "gaming chairs" Especially ones that compare to "racing" chairs. Racing chairs, as they hint below. Racing chairs and design is NOT meant for comfort, it is meant to hold you in a stiff position and lock you down.

Spartacus09

[H]ard|Gawd
Stop wasting your money on "gaming chairs" Especially ones that compare to "racing" chairs. Racing chairs, as they hint below. Racing chairs and design is NOT meant for comfort, it is meant to hold you in a stiff position and lock you down.
Bruh I got ADHD I vibrate outta the chair without one, I want it to lock me down.

NukeDukem

2[H]4U
Stop wasting your money on "gaming chairs"

That's funny, because I prefer my "gaming" chair to any short-back task/office chair I've sat in. Including my own brother's $1500 Aeron.

I like tech Jesus but I don't need him to tell me I shouldn't buy a "gaming" chair. My $600 leather noblechair was well worth the money. It fits me like a glove and I don't care about the dumbass argument over semantics.

zechs3

Limp Gawd
Herman Miller Embody.

It's designed to support but not push back on your body too hard. I can comfortably sit in it for 10hrs +.

That's funny, because I prefer my "gaming" chair to any short-back task/office chair I've sat in. Including my own brother's $1500 Aeron.

I like tech Jesus but I don't need him to tell me I shouldn't buy a "gaming" chair. My $600 leather noblechair was well worth the money. It fits me like a glove and I don't care about the dumbass argument over semantics.
Likewise. Steve Shit-On-Everything Burke can kick rocks. My Secretlab Omega is the most comfortable office chair I've ever used.

Spartacus09

[H]ard|Gawd
My $600 leather noblechair was well worth the money. It fits me like a glove and I don't care about the dumbass argument over semantics.

My Secretlab Omega is the most comfortable office chair I've ever used.

I've been looking at both of these what model/finish/material did you get and how long have you had them?
My concern has been the longevity of the material especially the leather, my last one I got was the Maxnomic and it was a great and comfortable chair but the PU leather only lasted about 3-4 years before it started cracking and flaking.
And of course they dont offer the ability to buy the seat by itself, you have to buy a whole new chair, that really turned me off of it.
(I do sit on my foot a lot so that adds to the stress of the material tbf)

I've been looking at both of these what model/finish/material did you get and how long have you had them?
My concern has been the longevity of the material especially the leather, my last one I got was the maxnomic and it was a great and comfortable chair but the PU leather only lasted about 3-4 years before it started cracking and flaking
I've had mine a few months now and I got the softweave fabric. I don't like leather, doesn't breathe enough for me. Thus far the chair still looks new, but it's not very old so that doesn't say much.

Filter

[H]F Junkie
just came back to report on my Logitech Herman miller embody chair. Im still loving this chair. i literally can sit in the thing 12+ hours. So far still worth every penny spent on it.

Wade88

Limp Gawd
I like the Aeron because in July and August during the mid afternoons it can get fairly warm in my office unless I make the rest of upstairs too cold. I don't notice this unless I'm sitting in one of the leather movie watching chairs though because the Aeron breathes very nicely. A part of it broke via me leaning over the side to pet cats and dogs and the local dealer had me take a picture of the broken piece and the next week some dude came with it and installed it. I have the aftermarket headrest on it but almost never use it. don't have any gimpy vertebrae or lumbar etc so can't comment on how well it deals with that. The only back problem I have is a muscle that tore in high school football and never healed quite right that sometimes cramps on top of a nerve and it is extremely painful. That hasn't happened with this chair since it came in the mail on 9/23/14.

Cats also seem disinterested in clawing at the mesh, I like that too.

Nebulous

[H]ard|Gawd
I tried getting my fat ass comfortable in a "Racing chair". It was horrible. Hard as a rock with no comfort and the ass padding felt like a big dildo wanted to make it's way up. Once I got in it, I could'nt get my ass out of it without my son helping pry my butt out. Worse chair ever. I'm looking into the ergonomic office chair instead. Don't get me wrong, I think the Racing chair has potential, but for a guy my size @ 6'1" and 225, ain't no way it's meant for me. Now for those boney people with no ass, I'm sure it's comfy.

Dan_D

Extremely [H]
I tried getting my fat ass comfortable in a "Racing chair". It was horrible. Hard as a rock with no comfort and the ass padding felt like a big dildo wanted to make it's way up. Once I got in it, I could'nt get my ass out of it without my son helping pry my butt out. Worse chair ever. I'm looking into the ergonomic office chair instead. Don't get me wrong, I think the Racing chair has potential, but for a guy my size @ 6'1" and 225, ain't no way it's meant for me. Now for those boney people with no ass, I'm sure it's comfy.

I'm not sure which chair you are referring to. We are almost the same size. I'm shorter and weigh slightly more than you do and I rarely have trouble with chairs like that. (6ft, 235lbs.) The only one I had trouble with one was of the earlier Corsair chairs which was simply too small.

Nebulous

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm not sure which chair you are referring to. We are almost the same size. I'm shorter and weigh slightly more than you do and I rarely have trouble with chairs like that. (6ft, 235lbs.) The only one I had trouble with one was of the earlier Corsair chairs which was simply too small.
Maybe the one I was trying at staples was for girls or midgets. Was quite narrow and the padding was hard. Sale's kid said that was the largest they had. I've been stuck using an exec's office chair for the past 10 years. My ass is crying for new padding.

sonofson

n00b
I moved to a new house about 5 months ago and for the first time, I was sitting in a regular IKEA chair. Then I moved some of the things and the chair turned into a recliner. And now, after 4.5 months of horror, I finally bought a normal chair! Thank God! I bought a Vertagear SL4000. Recommend for everybody!

Last edited:

Libnok

Weaksauce
The OP says that they went through a bunch of OfficeDepot/Max chairs over the years. I bought a Quantum 9000 mesh from Office Depot in 2008 for I think $430, I'm still sitting in it as I type this. I use this for at least 4 hours every day. I weigh 160lbs. All these years later and the arm rests are just starting to degrade, literally the best chair I've ever owned. Now, I want to buy the executive chair version because I want a head rest.

I don't understand the entire gaming chair craze, all of them are shite.

The Quantum 9000 is $316 on Amazon right now. https://www.amazon.com/WorkPro-Quan...614288435&sprefix=qauntum+9000,aps,842&sr=8-5