Looking for a game with an excellent story line.

I only ever played FF VII. Never was a big fan.

But the Kingdom Hearts series I love. It might be because I'm a big Disney fan.

Whats up icedigger, ya assmunch? :p

Fallout series, Jade empire, Dreamfall: The longest journey, Fahrenheit: The indigo prophecy (get directors ed. so you can see boobies), The Curse of Monkey island, Planescape Torment, Baldurs gate series, and last but not least, fable.

I could go on for hours, there are a ton of good storylines out there, you just have to know where to look.

Even played Legacy of Kain Series? Xenogears, FFT, and Suikoden 2?

hmmm, Play King Quest games.

Well since no one mentioned it I might as well. I really enjoy the Half-Life storyline. I think its well done and always keep you wondering why this, why that, who is this person, etc.

Indigo Prophecy had a decent story, and was a fun game to boot.

I think this was released as Fahrenheit in the EU/UK in case you have trouble finding it, and was quite a well made game. The whole playing as the person running and person chasing thing is a great concept and was recently reminded of how decent the gameplay can be with this idea when I started playing through Call of Juarez again, not a fantastic story as such but told from 2 viewpoints which cross paths and coincide a lot which make the storytelling suprisingly enjoyable.

Mafia has an excelent storyline (mostly from what I hear, I never got very far on it)

Fallout 1 and 2 are good, it's not what I'd call a story as such but more of an adventure/experience, you get to the end and you've sort of created your own story based around the ways you tackled your missions and the things you did.

If you are in to RPGs Elder Scrolls IV and all its expansion are very engaging. I had a great time with them.

I liked the Wing Commander storyline.. I played every one since it first came out in 1990.

I am sure this has been mentioned a bazillion times already, but Deus Ex: Machina had/has an epic (semi-non-linear) story.

my fav's for storyline morrowing goty (game of the year), final fantasy 7 if you havent played it, metal gear tes, fear, grandia, zelda ocarina of time, zelda twilight princess, or most of the castlevanias

Here are some others.

System shock 2: Great sci-fi horror mystery. Probably best story mixed with a game I haved ever played.

Giants Citizen Kubato: A humorous action adventure and fun gameplay. Less then 6 bucks at Gogamer.

Fahrenheit was alright. Played through with my gf and she loved it. I think the US release has a differnt name.

Giants Citizen Kubato: A humorous action adventure and fun gameplay. Less then 6 bucks at Gogamer.

Always thought that game was underrated . . .

. . . funny story, veeery different gameplay between the three races, somewhat difficult (annoying, even -- IIRC it had set save points), aesthetically nice . . .

Back