Looking for a game like Sim Earth

Pez

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking for something to occupy my free time. Are there any games out there similar to Sim Earth (evolution-type games)? Spore was, of course, a disappointment to many, but I'm hoping someone here can help me find something good.

Thanks!

Well, have you considered Civilization IV?

It's certainly different but a lot of the evolution-based elements are there.

Besides that, it's a real niche genre.

Black and White 2? It's worth a shot.

Maybe try Empire Earth 2? I know it's an RTS but again, evolution stuff is there.

I know there's ONE game on the tip of my tongue that would be just about perfect....

Somebody help me out here!

As far as a game exactly like Sim Earth? I don't think one has ever been made.

I loved that game and like you was quite disappointed with Spore, which I'd hoped would be the spiritual successor.

Thanks for the suggestion horror, but those are from an entirely different genre (besides, I've played all of those). There have been a couple of games similar, but most are old (such as Creatures. I was hoping there was something out there, somewhere, that was similar (even if it's some kind of less complicated flash game).

I played Simearth on the Mac back in the day; had a lot of fun smashing comets into Mars. I'm not sure I've ever seen a game quite like it since. The wikipedia article lists these which may be similar but I've never played any of them:

Impossible Creatures
L.O.L.: Lack of Love
Seventh Cross: Evolution
Evolution: The Game of Intelligent Life
E.V.O.: Search for Eden
Creatures

There's lots of arcade-style evolution games in flash (just google for "games evolution") but none of them that I looked at take the "god controlling a world" aspect like Simearth.

As far as I know Sim Earth is one-of-a-kind. I haven't been able to find anyone working on an updated version or any new game that sounds similar. There are games which incorporate certain portions of it and make these into their own game, but nothing that really comes close to what Sim Earth was.

Back