Looking for a digital camera retailer - Not a crook.

bobdole369

Gawd
Hi all, I'm looking for an online retailer to purchase a lower end digital camera for my wife. Are there any out there that aren't crooks? Any recommendations or reviews?

Strictly camera/av equipment

www.bhphotovideo.com - trustworthy people. Good service. This is where I bought (or am buying) my new lens (mixup occurred due to differences in addresses...). Just be sure that whatever phone number you provide them is listed, otherwise you'll have to contact them to finalize verification. They're not a fly-by-night operation, and their reseller rating is 9+

www.beachcamera.com - might be a little pesky to navigate, but again, good store. Resellerrating is 9+.

www.buydig.com - Have not purchased from them, reseller rating is 8+. No experience, so I can't say much.

Others...

Sometimies you can find coupons to savings off digital cameras for Dell.com.

BillLeeLee said:
Strictly camera/av equipment

www.bhphotovideo.com - trustworthy people. Good service. This is where I bought (or am buying) my new lens (mixup occurred due to differences in addresses...). Just be sure that whatever phone number you provide them is listed, otherwise you'll have to contact them to finalize verification. They're not a fly-by-night operation, and their reseller rating is 9+
Also there is a local company around here called Hunt's, they got like 3 stores around Boston, I bought my camera from BH and get all my accesories from Hunt's nice friendly people. Found their link: http://huntsphotoandvideo.com/

edit: I had an expierence with one company forgot who, I ordered a XT body, in the end the guy was trying to sell me $1,000 extra worth of stuff I didn't want and called me stupid for not buying his crap and hung up.

i like bhphoto.com they rock i bought my 20 d from them and will buy everything else as well!

Jonjolt said:
Also there is a local company around here called Hunt's, they got like 3 stores around Boston, I bought my camera from BH and get all my accesories from Hunt's nice friendly people. Found their link: http://huntsphotoandvideo.com/

edit: I had an expierence with one company forgot who, I ordered a XT body, in the end the guy was trying to sell me $1,000 extra worth of stuff I didn't want and called me stupid for not buying his crap and hung up.

Yeah, Hunt's! I've been to the one in Harvard Square, the two girls who work (or worked, not sure if they still do) there are very cute. :p

However, I generally order the really expensive gear since it's usually cheaper than buying it in a local store.

Another vote for Buydig.com.

I bought a Canon A80 about a year ago from them and everything went very smooth. Great updated e-mails on tracking numbers, and overall good prices. Good luck on your search.

Buydig and B&H photovideo are great and reliable. a++

Also another vote for BuyDig

Every single camera my family has bought, or bought for christmas/wedding/birthday gifts, or reccomended to people, has been from BuyDig. Just dont buy the acessory pack (unless you really want to, but you can buy all that stuff seperatley for cheaper somewhere else). Just buy the camera only, great service and awesome prices.

search for it on price grabber... use one of their featured sell
PHP:
ers and you should be fine, but all the ones suggested are fine.  Don't forget newegg.com and zipzoomfly.com.

As for buydig.com I have ordered a couple cams from them... and actually have one on its way right now.

Back