Looking for a decent replacement

anthrex

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking for a replacement laptop for a Gateway MX3414 Specs Here

Since its for my gf I want to get her something small. Performance isn't a big issue, but at the minimum a side step would be ok for her performance wise.

I was looking at the Acer Aspire 4810, since its lighter and has much longer batter life, or the Aspire 3935, which I can't seem to find for sale anymore. I'm looking for somewhere around $600 or below.

Thanks for any help!

She'll be using it for class so it needs somewhat decent batter life. Her old Turion had terrible battery life and checking out the reviews on newegg it has terrible battery life too. I'd prefer something with 4 hours of batter life if possible. I'm guess nothing on AMD side will get this life. Also the most power hungry thing she will be running will be hulu + yahoo messanger in the background.

Get an Asus 1005ha 10.5 hours of battery life and from what you have said it will be more than enough for what she needs. You should ask AMD_Rules (member here at [H]) Seeing as he has one and seems to like it a great deal to this point.

sorry I should've been clearer. She is looking for a laptop that is 13" or bigger. I'm definitely looking at the 14" timeline. does anyone have any experience with it? does anyone know in everyday performance will she know the difference between her current turion and the Intel Pentium SU2700 compare? thanks for the help guys!

Dell has pretty good looking 13.3 inch laptops. Would be very portable for taking to class, and with integrated graphics and an upgraded battery should have pretty decent battery life. From my experience with taking laptops to class, if you bring an extension cord, you should be able to plug it in somewhere. 90% of the time the extension cord isn't needed even.
For everyday computing, I don't know how much of a difference the turion or pentium will have. I have a turion in my laptop, and it runs pretty good. It can handle all normal applications, even some light source engine gaming. L4D not so much lol.

Back