looking for a decent 360 headset

tgray96

[H]ard|Gawd
would *like* wireless, but not necessary, 7.1 and live chat...... any price, recommendations?

I've got my eye on the Logitech F540. I have the G35 on my PC and I've been pretty happy with it. Also I'm just a Logitech fanboy I guess. Everything I've purchased from them has been top notch.
Anywho, they are wireless 7.1 and work on pc/360/ps3. Look pretty sweet imo

logitech-wireless-headset-f540.png

i have the turtle beach x31. no complaints, very comfortable, long battery life, great sound. couldnt ask for more. i think they're around $130 new.

I've got my eye on the Logitech F540. I have the G35 on my PC and I've been pretty happy with it. Also I'm just a Logitech fanboy I guess. Everything I've purchased from them has been top notch.
Anywho, they are wireless 7.1 and work on pc/360/ps3. Look pretty sweet imo

The F540's aren't 7.1 or 5.1 they are stereo. They input analog R & L RCA (Stereo) from your console. 5.1 or higher headphones take digital optical input.

I'd recommend the Turtle Beach headphones. They offer wireless or corded. The EarForce DSS is similar to the Astro MixAmp. The only negative thing I'd say about them is the X41's (wireless) have a background hissing noise that is only noticeable when no audio is playing.

I have the Astro setup and I like the MixAmp, but I don't really like the headphones.

My bad, I just noticed that too. I had it mixed up with another model.

im look for the same right now, but one that also works with xbox/ps3/pc.
been looking at the tritton pro but that has so many wires, may be more of a pain to move it between systems

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I cant recommend any of the turtle beach headsets...Unless you can live with a very audible hiss. You can only hear it during quiet scenes, but when you do it's annoying, at least to me. This is a deal breaker to me anyways. What your getting is very over priced for the the quality, or lack of I should say. This seems to be the norm for accessories as far as consoles go however.

I have the Triton AX Pro's and like them a lot. I do agree there are a ton of wires, but seeing as how I dont plan on moving them around it is no big deal for me. The sound is really from them but it does take a little time to get them set right. I like wireless but the 2.4ghz ones have always had a negative for sound quality since they were wireless, save for the 5.8ghz ones from Astro.

I have the Triton AX Pro's and like them a lot. I do agree there are a ton of wires, but seeing as how I dont plan on moving them around it is no big deal for me. The sound is really from them but it does take a little time to get them set right. I like wireless but the 2.4ghz ones have always had a negative for sound quality since they were wireless, save for the 5.8ghz ones from Astro.

I had a pair of AX Pro's and the mic didn't work from day 1. I finally had time recently (full-time college student) to take them back to Best Buy and got the Turtle Beach headset with Dolby processor bundle, and so far I'm really impressed with the processor (the wires I can live with because I use my consoles with my 23" Monitor). I almost bought the Astro headset this last round of refund money, but the wife gave a stern disapproval to the cost.

Yeah I have heard of a lot of people having issues with the MIC part. Since I dont ever play on Live I couldnt even say if mine works.

The reason Logitech F540 are badass head set's is because they are wireless rechargeable and
multi platform. Xbox360 and PS3 with a button on the head set for fast switching. You never have to leave the couch..lol..

3 negative things about them.

1. They are only 2.1 but logitech integrated like a dummy software so the headset have that 3D
effect and you can tell where the enemy is coming from.

2. The mic plays your voice on the headset... meaning that you can hear your self talk.
Which is why i dont have them. I hear there is no way to turn your voice off.

3. NO PC HOOK UP

The alternative is to wait. These headset are not even out yet and they are so posed to be out already.
Release date on the Dec. Game Informer says late Feb. Anyways check them out!

Sound Blaster® Tactic3D™ Omega
Wireless Rechargeable and Multi Platform. PS3/XBOX/PC/Wii/MAC.
17 hrs on a single charge.
Long Usb coord for recharging while you use them, 1 hrs to fully charge.
New release date April????
I need these!

Last edited:
The reason Logitech F540 are badass head set's is because they are wireless rechargeable and
multi platform. Xbox360 and PS3 with a button on the head set for fast switching. You never have to leave the couch..lol..

3 negative things about them.

1. They are only 2.1 but logitech integrated like a dummy software so the headset have that 3D
effect and you can tell where the enemy is coming from.

2. The mic plays your voice on the headset... meaning that you can hear your self talk.
Which is why i dont have them. I hear there is no way to turn your voice off.

3. NO PC HOOK UP

1. The headphones only input stereo where many others input 5.1 optical. So how would it do headphone software surround sound when it only knows L & R? Other headphones like the X41 are also stereo, but input 5.1 channels so it can do software surround accurately.

3. You can use it with a PC, but the mic won't work.

Back